Many of them reported the same story that they had used their console for a while and turned it off, only to try to turn it back on again later and find that it had died. We can expect the next generation to be launched sometime in 2020.
Our testers are two longtime Xbox users: GeekWire editor Todd Bishop, still on an Xbox 360 that his daughter loves, and GeekWire reporter Taylor Soper, a more regular gamer who loves playing Federation Internationale de Football Association on his original Xbox One. We will report back with more details as they are announced. A subset of those boxes contained a special version of the hardware for early pre-order customers, the Project Scorpio Edition.
Unlike in previous years, Microsoft is only pushing a handful of exclusive titles for the Xbox One this Fall (most notably Forza Motorsport 7, Cuphead, and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds).
The less expensive (and less powerful) Xbox One S will remain on sale and Spencer has said he believes this is the console that will appeal to a wider audience.
US Becomes Lone Global Outsider On Paris Climate Agreement
President Donald Trump said in June that the U.S. would withdraw from the accord, saying it put the country at a disadvantage. The U.S.is the second-largest carbon dioxide-emitting nation on the planet after China, according to the European Commission.
Some lucky fans were blessed with not only an Xbox One X but an opportunity to challenge each celebrity to a game on the system.
Microsoft's Xbox 360 was notorious in its first few iterations of the console for having a relatively high failure rate, with the "red ring of death" becoming something of a meme over time.
Also on this episode, we check in with Todd's brand new iPhone X, which is now shipping to mailboxes and stores across the world.
Listen to the full episode above or download it as an MP3.
- You can now purchase Hidden Valley ranch dressing by the keg
- Broadcom proposes $130 billion deal to buy Qualcomm
- Vikings could place Sam Bradford on Injured Reserve
- Researchers Give iPhone X The Worst-Ever Score For Durability
- West Ham appoint Moyes as new manager
- Ground Invasion Only Way to Secure N.Korean Nukes, Says Pentagon
- Google Search and Maps to add wait time info for restaurants
- Gird Your Loins: Twitter Is Giving Everyone 280 Characters
- Netflix subscribers targeted in yet another email scam
- Japan's 'black widow' sentenced to death