Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter announced Monday that team doctors chose to sideline the quarterback for at least two weeks based on MRI results. The top overall pick of the 2015 draft then aggravated the injury in Sunday's 30-10 loss to the New Orleans Saints. "They're [Bucs medical staff] recommending that we shut him down for at least two weeks".
Winston has been dealing with an AC joint sprain and a rear deltoid issue and missed the second half of their loss to the Saints on Sunday after re-aggravating the injury.
Winston injured the shoulder in Arizona on October 15th.
Before this week, Winston had only thrown one day a week because of the injury.
Guru Nanak Birthday, Guru Nanak Jayanti Date, timing and significance
The holy book of Sikhs, "Guru Granth Sahib" comprises of all the teachings and preaching of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Guru Nanak was the first of the ten Sikh gurus and he laid the foundation of Sikhism.
The Bucs are moving Ryan Griffin to the active roster as Fitzpatrick's backup. Fitzpatrick stepped in for Winston against the Cardinals, throwing three touchdowns and two interceptions.
It will be the first missed start for Winston, who started all 40 games since the Buccaneers used the first pick of the 2015 National Football League draft on him.
Bucs coach Dirk Koetter told reporters on Monday Winston is facing a spell out of action, with Ryan Fitzpatrick to replace him as the starter against the New York Jets this weekend.
- SC: Aadhar related urgent hearing today
- Netflix Makes Decision About 'House of Cards' Star Kevin Spacey
- (Neb)-Spring Forward, Fall Back Tonight - And Replace Smoke Alarm Batteries
- Saudi Arabia intercepts missile targeting Riyadh airport
- Liberia's Supreme Court suspends Weah-Boaki vote
- Sacked Catalan leader, four former aides turn themselves in to Belgian Police
- Ground Invasion Only Way to Secure N.Korean Nukes, Says Pentagon
- Constitution bench to hear individual pleas on old currency, says SC
- Tammy Abraham, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Joe Gomez handed maiden England call-ups
- Jaguars RB Fournette, C Linder set to return from injuries