Following allegations of sexual harassment against Kevin Spacey Netflix has chose to cut ties with the "House of Cards" lead actor. "We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film "Gore", which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey".
MRC, the independent production company on House of Cards, says the actor has been suspended-not fired-from the series as star and producer.
Here, a look back at everything we know so far about Spacey's growing scandal and the aftermath of his poorly received apology.
Spacey, who plays the show's male lead, Frank Underwood - a role that won him a Golden Globe in 2015 - has been at the center of a sexual abuse controversy that erupted in recent weeks.
The house of cards has fallen on Kevin Spacey.
Man with hostage barricades inside classroom at Castle View Elementary in Riverside
The supposed family members also claim they took away the man's auto keys earlier in the day. Aerial video from the scene showed an armored vehicle and hostage negotiators at the school.
"Spacey responded to Rapp's initial allegations, saying that he didn't remember the encounter and offered an apology".
Additionally, Spacey revealed that he has "had relationships with both men and women", and that he now chooses "to live as a gay man".
Seven other people who the network spoke to agreed the "American Beauty" made life on the set of "House of Cards" hard.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos wrote on his Facebook page that he encountered Spacey at the bar of London's Old Vic Theatre, where Spacey was artistic director from 2004-15, and the actor tried to fondle him against his will. When the staffer told Spacey he wasn't comfortable with the situation, he said Spacey became "visibly flustered" and left the set for the rest of the day. "But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior", he said.
It previously announced setting up an email address where "anyone" with concerns about "inappropriate behavior" by Spacey can come forward. The unnamed staff member alleged Spacey, who was driving, put his hands down his trousers when they were just a few minutes away from the base. "He was a man in a very powerful position on the show and I was someone very low on the totem pole and on the food chain there". Spacey has also been dropped by his publicist and talent agency, CAA as allegations continue emerge.
- What you need to know about the ACA this enrollment period
- SC: Aadhar related urgent hearing today
- IPhone, Mac and iPad sales all increased this quarter
- Baghdad Offers Paying Kurdish Peshmerga's Salaries
- Did Sessions mislead Congress about his interactions with Russian Federation ?
- Ex-Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to making false statement
- Tammy Abraham, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Joe Gomez handed maiden England call-ups
- Evra suspended after scuffle with home fan, to be disciplined
- 'Multiple Parties Down' After Shooting at Colorado Walmart, Police Say
- Uber, Lyft ban far-right activist for anti-Muslim rant