The companies said they ended talks because they "were unable to find mutually agreeable terms".
The previously proposed merger with T-Mobile was supposed to help both carriers fill gaps in coverage and increase their speed and capacity, along with allowing spectrum interlock to make 5G deployment across diversified solutions easier across the entire U.S. market.
Sprint president and CEO Marcelo Claure said: "While we couldn't reach an agreement to combine our companies, we certainly recognize the benefits of scale through a potential combination".
Andrew Luck out for rest of the season
Ballard's opening statement during Thursday's press conference began with nine words about the IR move coming for Luck . Luck was a franchise quarterback, one of the best young quarterbacks in the game, when he was healthy.
The Wall Street Journal reports that T-Mobile and its parent company Deutsche Telekom have tweaked their offer, though the exact terms remain unclear.
T-Mobile USA and Sprint today finally gave a definitive answer about whether they will merge. The company had eyed the Deutsche Telekom company as a way to grow its own footprint in the United States and take on the two big carriers in the nation, AT&T and Verizon. After the government nixed AT&T's attempt to buy it in 2011, T-Mobile led the way in many consumer-friendly changes, such as ditching two-year contracts and bringing back unlimited data plans. The investment ignited speculation about Son and SoftBank trying to revive merger talks. But Washington regulators have frowned on a possible merger.
T-Mobile, meanwhile, has been on a yearslong streak adding customers.
Sprint Corp and T-Mobile USA Inc said on Saturday that they officially broke off merger negotiations, ending months of back-and-forth talks that would have created the third-biggest US wireless provider. Claure, the Sprint CEO, is also a member of SoftBank's board. With the new Trump administration, it was thought regulators might be more relaxed. "We won't stop now".
- Constitution bench to hear individual pleas on old currency, says SC
- Starcraft 2 will go free-to-play later this month
- Explosion spews hot ash over workers at India power plant, kills 26
- 'Multiple Parties Down' After Shooting at Colorado Walmart, Police Say
- Spartans Felton Davis makes incredible touchdown catch vs. Penn State
- Harvey Weinstein scandal: NY police building case to arrest Weinstein
- Uber, Lyft ban far-right activist for anti-Muslim rant
- Tammy Abraham, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Joe Gomez handed maiden England call-ups
- Guru Nanak Birthday, Guru Nanak Jayanti Date, timing and significance
- Netflix Makes Decision About 'House of Cards' Star Kevin Spacey