Often criticized for its lack of custom games and steep price-tag, the decision to make the game free-to-play after almost seven years seems to indicate that Blizzard may have taken some of this criticism to heart.
Wings of Liberty, for the uninitiated, takes place four years after the events chronicled in the original StarCraft.
Wings of Liberty first launched back in 2010 and has since seen a keen following across the globe. Anybody out there still holding out on StarCraft II? All competitive multiplayer content will also be unlocked for free.
All of the current and upcoming co-op commanders will be free as well, as previously stated - although, those will only be available up to level five, with the exceptions of Raynor, Kerrigan, and Artanis, who are totally free and can be leveled indefinitely. Make sure to log in between November 8 and December 8 to claim it.
Jeep is Already Showing off Accessories for the 2018 Wrangler
Other details about the 2018 Wrangler are still kept under wraps, but the brand did mention it will have new technologies in play. Jeep is just offering some vague details about more fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and more safety features.
It's a smart move by Blizzard - few people are buying full copies of StarCraft 2 and its expansions these days, and this is a good way to onboard new players who just never wanted to pay full price to find out if they liked it.
A majority of StarCraft 2's single-player and multiplayer modes will become accessible for free.
Players will be able to download the Starcraft 2 multiplayer, and the single-player campaign of Wings of Liberty for free starting November 14. But in a seeming effort to combat account abuse, players will first have to achieve 10 game-of-the-day victories in either the unranked ladder or against the game's AI, before they can access the multiplayer ladder. The news was formally announced by Blizzard during the 2017 Blizzcon opening ceremonies.
Those that have already purchased any of the three campaigns as of October 31, will receive a "small thank-you in the form of an exclusive Ghost skin as well as three new portraits" from Blizzard. The Nova Covert Ops mission pack will also be $15, or you can opt to get all three as a $30 bundle.
- Andrew Luck out for rest of the season
- SC seeks details of MPs' criminal records and status
- What Gamers Can Expect from the Future of the World of Warcraft
- UEFA Champions League Report: Napoli v Manchester City, 01 November 2017
- Spanish court orders detention of 8 former Catalan ministers
- Donna Brazile reveals the extent of Hillary Clinton corruption at the DNC
- Broncos coach mulling a change at quarterback
- Overwatch's Next Map Is Blizzard World, A Tribute To Blizzard Games
- Uber, Lyft ban far-right activist for anti-Muslim rant
- Here are the Russia-linked Facebook ads released by Congress