"Hosting this game will also ensure the 78,000 residents in our local hospitality industry will continue to earn a paycheck".
Vaughn says the invitation to host college football's biggest event prompted business, political and community leaders to leap into action.
This is the completion of a goal that the committee set when it was formed, as the first 10 national championship games will be played in 10 different cities.
The CFP committee announced four future sites: The 2021 game will be at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.; the 2022 game will be at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis; the 2023 game in Inglewood and the 2024 game at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Jeep is Already Showing off Accessories for the 2018 Wrangler
Other details about the 2018 Wrangler are still kept under wraps, but the brand did mention it will have new technologies in play. Jeep is just offering some vague details about more fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and more safety features.
"Once we decided 'ten in ten, ' we identified these four cities as the cities where we thought we'd be best served to go", Hancock said. "Frankly, our calling card in Indy is we take these events and invest in them and make them spectacular. we're conservatively saying in excess of $150 million in economic impact, but I'm saying it will be far greater". "Those of us who have worked there for many years know that it's all about the people".
The CFP committee on Wednesday announced the sites for the 2021-24 title games, which range from coast to coast but will all be hosting the year-end showcase for the first time. The BCS National Championship Game was played in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl Stadium in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014. "Also, the community provides a state-of-the-art stadium, top-flight convention center and a centralized, "walkable" downtown that our fans will love".
Indianapolis has hosted the Big Ten Football Championship Game since 2011. It wants to host the first 10 games in 10 different cities.
Upcoming title game sites include Atlanta (2018), Santa Clara, Calif. (2019) and New Orleans (2020).
- Sony's Aibo robot dog is back and smarter than ever
- Four injured as taxi mounts pavement knocks down pedestrians near Covent Garden
- Nintendo is Releasing a Legend of Zelda-themed 2DS for Black Friday
- 'House of Cards' production halted following Kevin Spacey allegation
- It's splitsville for Selena Gomez, The Weeknd!
- Hillary Clinton: I'm thinking of dressing up as the president for Halloween
- NYPD says one person in custody after reported of gunfire in Manhattan
- Trump's transgender military ban just got shut down
- Hands on Razer Phone Review: An absolute beast of a smartphone
- Man with hostage barricades inside classroom at Castle View Elementary in Riverside