"What we've learned is that transparency has a real impact on patient safety", she said.
A hospital safety watchdog group called Leapfrog has released its latest list of safest - and riskiest - hospitals in the United States. Rhode Island ranked first among the states with the most A hospitals. In the category of safety problems for the fall 2017 report, the hospital scored among the best hospitals in the country in all four areas surveyed. "We commend the Maryland Health Care Commission for their leadership, which was instrumental in getting Leapfrog the data needed to issue these grades". "At the very least, everyone should get an A on patient safety".
MI fell in state rankings from 19th in fall 2016 to 25th in spring 2017 in percentage of hospital with an "A" grade. Rhode Island had the most dramatic improvement, jumping from 50th in 2012 to number one in the fall of 2017. Other states with significant improvement include OR, going from 48th in 2012 to eighth today, Hawaii from 36th to third, Wisconsin from 44th to sixth, and Idaho from 19th to fourth.
Sony Q2 2017 revenue up, Playstation biggest contributor
But there's something about making robot servants in the near future sympathetic that we can't get enough of. Sony announced that Call of Duty: WWII is getting its first map pack, The Resistance, on January 30.
"Receiving the highest mark from the Leapfrog Group is a reaffirmation of Kaiser Permanente's commitment to high-quality health care and patient safety", Senior Vice President and Area Manager for Kaiser in the Central Valley area, said in a statement.
Maryland was included in the state rankings for the first time, as prior to this most recent report it was exempt from reporting several safety measures on a national level. McDowell Hospital was one of 832 awarded an "A" for its commitment to keeping patients safe and meeting the highest safety standards in the U.S. Numerous 15 hospitals that received F grades treat a high proportion of low-income patients with complex healthcare needs.
"The "A" rating from the Leapfrog Group reflects the fact that patient safety is our top concern for every person - let alone patient - who enters our facilities, and we attained this rating through the consistent and conscientious efforts of our stellar clinicians, nurses, and other dedicated hospital staff", she said.
- Almost entire Texans team protests after owner firestorm
- Trump's transgender military ban just got shut down
- Selena Gomez, donor open up about kidney transplant
- NBA Hands Suspensions and Fines For Draymond Green-Bradley Beal Altercation
- Rose offered $1m to keep her mouth shut
- Black Twitter blasts Kim Kardashian for dressing up like Aaliyah for Halloween
- US Navy rescues sailors and dogs after months stranded at sea
- Tony Podesta Resignation Follows String of Foreign Lobbying Disclosure Violations
- Selena Gomez's BFF I Wrote My Will Before Transplant
- Travis Benjamin's Punt Return Results In Embarrassing Safety