The BPD is teaming up with the Drug Enforcement Administration in a national take back day, targeting opioids and other prescription medications.
An opportunity for the public to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially risky expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
Take Back events are held across the country today, October 28, generally from 10 a.m.to 2 p.m. We encourage citizens to clean out their medicine cabinets and turn in old and used prescription drugs so they can be disposed of safely. Needles, sharps, asthma inhalers, and illicit drugs will not be accepted at the drop box.
Sponsors of the local collection event include the Drug Free Community Coalition, St. Joseph Youth Alliance, Buchanan County Sheriff's Department and the St. Joseph Police Department. "Keeping unused, unnecessary, or expired medication in homes increases the risk of it being abused".
Accusations that Russian Federation behind Kiev blast are "baseless"
The vehicle bombing on Wednesday was the fifth in Ukraine in the past year . Mosiychuk's press service called the explosion an assassination attempt.
The DEA says the effort helps prevent prescription drugs from getting into the wrong hands, or into rivers and streams after improper disposal. Overall, in its 13 previous Take Back events, DEA and its partners have taken in over 8.1 million pounds -more than 4,050 tons -of pills. This initiative is a step towards bringing awareness to a public safety and health issue.
- The majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained through family and friends.
"Flushing them down the toilet poses potential health concerns".
- British auto created to reach 1000mph tested on runway
- Akshay Kumar's evil villain looks over Rajnikant and Amy Jackson
- NFLPA invites Colin Kaepernick to next meeting with league owners
- Tillerson's visit to India highlights emerging Indo-US ties
- Samsung to release Oreo updates in Q1 2018
- Microsoft FY18 Q1 earnings
- Body of missing teacher found
- Glacier, Yellowstone entrance fees could increase dramatically
- World's billionaires have more money than GDP of the whole European Union!
- Twitter Admits It Has Overstated User Metrics for 3 Years