Back in April, Google Home gained the ability to recognise individual voices (before it rolled out to Brits in June) and Amazon has this week followed suit with the launch of Voice Profiles for Echo devices.
The feature should be rolling out in the coming days.
Alexa users can set up voice recognition to Amazon's Alexa AI to recognize different user's voices, Amazon announced today. According to reports, it can now receive training to recognize the owner's voice or certain other voices.
Smoke From Wine Country Wildfires Sickens People 100 Miles Away
But people in the East Bay and South Bay are not completely in the clear because the toxic air is creeping all over the region. Continuing wind and wildfires today may cause residents to experience trouble breathing, coughing, headaches and chest pain.
To set this feature up, you will need to navigate to Alexa's app settings, find Your Voice and then teach Alexa what your voice sounds like by reading out 10 full phrases. The company also says that touch-to-talk device like Fire TV remote and the Amazon Tap does not support voice profiles. Alexa is now able to recognize your voice for Flash Briefings and automatically skips stories you listened to from your feed. You can also use it to control other smart devices in your home such as security cameras, lights, and so forth.
When recognizing a registered user's voice, Alexa can deliver personalized results for messages, Alexa-to-Alexa calling, music playback, shopping, and news briefings. You do have to go into the app and set this up. You'll have to repeat ten sentences over to train Alexa that it's your voice. But at least those with Echos around their houses can finally have personalized answers instead of having to manually switch profiles.
It should be noted that some people are very concerned about privacy with this sort of voice assistant because what you say is recorded and sent out to servers to be analyzed.
- Defending champ Hatton leads Dunhill Links by 5
- Supporting Eminem Fans Are Not Happy With His Savage BET Cypher
- Radamel Falcao Clarifies His On-Field Whispering Against Peru
- Rock thrown at Australian cricket team bus, two held
- Corker On Trump Lying: 'Everyone Knows He Does It'
- Erdogan holds talks in Serbia as Turkey hikes Balkan clout
- 'Business as usual:' Mall manager reacts to Sears Canada news
- Moving brush fire threatens 1000 homes in Southern California
- Giants' Odell Beckham Jr. to have season-ending surgery on fractured ankle
- Trump wants 'to compare IQ tests' with Tillerson