"Honestly, we are recording some of the worst air quality ever recorded in any part of the Bay Area", said Tom Flannigan, spokesman for the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
Smoke from the Northern California wildfires has the potential to affect air quality throughout the entire San Joaquin Valley, prompting local air pollution officials to issue a health cautionary statement Valley-wide.
Continuing wind and wildfires today may cause residents to experience trouble breathing, coughing, headaches and chest pain.
The Bay Area's seven major professional sports organizations have untied to donate a combined $450,000 to the North Bay fire relief efforts, according to a press release. "PM2.5 is so small, about 1/30 the width of a human hair, that it can penetrate deep into the lungs".
Additionally, the Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued a Spare the Air alert, due to risky levels of particulate matter that can trigger heart and asthma attacks, or exacerbate other respiratory conditions. Then, Glidden said, the school district provided surgical masks, which health departments have warned are ineffective in protecting against smoke. "They exacerbate respiratory conditions like asthma, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), emphysema and other conditions, because they are very harmful". STAY INSIDE She added that those closest to the fire should stay indoors.
Trump, Trudeau differ on NAFTA talks
The question now becomes are we going to be the country that leads this shift? "There's a path to be optimistic", he said. American Express, AT&T, GM and Delta were listed on publicity material for an event hosted by the U.S.
By early Wednesday, though, readings throughout much of the Bay Area had dropped to moderate levels. But people in the East Bay and South Bay are not completely in the clear because the toxic air is creeping all over the region.
The following spots in San Francisco will provide you with filtered air.
"We're going to see that north wind pick up again tonight and into Thursday and that means drier, warmer air", Flannigan said Wednesday.
At Kaiser Permanente in Richmond, volunteers said they had distributed far more protective face masks than usual.
Do not run fans drawing smoky air inside.
- Jeremy Corbyn: UK jihadist Sally-Anne Jones should have faced trial
- 'Business as usual:' Mall manager reacts to Sears Canada news
- The US Is Leaving UNESCO - Again
- Rock thrown at Australian cricket team bus, two held
- Corker On Trump Lying: 'Everyone Knows He Does It'
- In phone call, United Nations chief offers congratulations and support to Palestinian President
- Rajasthan Congress passes resolution urging Rahul Gandhi to become party president
- Sylvester Stallone to direct 'Creed 2'
- WWE SmackDown 5 Takeaways: AJ Styles Is Moving On
- Supporting Eminem Fans Are Not Happy With His Savage BET Cypher