5 hurricanes making landfall in the USA, causing uncountable damages and many deaths.
Ophelia is now located across the north-central Atlantic Ocean, roughly 2400 miles from the Grand Strand.
"These conditions favour strengthening and the NHC forecast again calls for Ophelia to become a hurricane in about 36 hours".
Tropical Storm Ophelia is expected to strengthen to a hurricane as it spins far out over the Atlantic.
Tropical Storm Ophelia is gaining strength and is just 4 miles per hour from becoming a hurricane, forecasters said Wednesday.
This would tie the record for the most consecutive Atlantic named storms reaching hurricane strength, which also happened in three other years: 1878, 1886 and 1893, according to Dr. Phil Klotzbach, Colorado State University tropical meteorologist.
Hillary Clinton 'shocked and appalled' by Weinstein accusations
Taking her new book " What Happened " on the road, Hillary Clinton spoke at the Mondavi Center in UC Davis Monday night. Chastain is among the stars weighing in on the firing of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein from the company he co-founded.
Storms become hurricanes when they reach 74 miles per hour. Ophelia will then run into an approaching deep-layer trough that will make the hurricane accelerate toward the northeast.
Hurricane season runs through the end of November in the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean Sea.
After moving past Spain, forecasters expect Ophelia to come quite close to the Irish coast as a strong storm on Monday. That's a bit of an unusual track for Atlantic storms.
Forecasters say Ophelia is expected to become a hurricane by Thursday.
This could bring a blast of high winds to the Emerald Isle, particularly the western half of Ireland early next week.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Launched In India
- Giants' Odell Beckham Jr. to have season-ending surgery on fractured ankle
- Ranveer Singh Unveils Padmavati Trailer
- Defending champ Hatton leads Dunhill Links by 5
- Diamondbacks Station Police On Horses To Guard Pool At Chase Field
- Corker On Trump Lying: 'Everyone Knows He Does It'
- Rajoy says Spain will not be divided following vote
- Sylvester Stallone to direct 'Creed 2'
- Rock thrown at Australian cricket team bus, two held
- Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock reportedly searched for hotels overlooking Fenway Park