As a disturbance moves through New Hampshire, the showers gather, but as it pulls away this afternoon, some sunshine could return.
Showers are to continue until about 1 p.m. with a slight chance of some continuing, scattered showers through the evening. Highs will range from the mid to upper 70s. The rain may move through in two batches. A general 1 to 3 inches of rain is expected in the interior Northeast, but there can be locally higher amounts closer to 4 inches in the Appalachians of West Virginia and across western Pennsylvania and NY, according to AccuWeather.com.
No confirmed tornadoes had been reported as of Sunday evening, but National Weather Service meteorologist Andrew Kimball said he expected the tornado threat would continue into the late-night hours Sunday. The rain will quickly taper off to isolated showers.
Southgate calls for England support
The Arsenal man has not been in an England squad since last November, but has impressed in his recent performances for Arsene Wenger's side.
The remnants of Nate have arrived in CT. The latter half of the week looks more dry than wet, although our high pressure won't be entirely successful at warding off any chances for rain.
Showers should arrive in Central New York sometime on Wednesday afternoon and will be widespread into Wednesday night. Highs Thursday will struggle to get out of the 50s. Periods of rain in the afternoon/evening, some could be heavy at times.
That warm weather doesn't last, however, as we have 60s to around 70 for highs Wednesday, Thursday, and into the weekend. A warm front is forecast to lift north of Syracuse Sunday. Summer is not ready to go away just yet.
- California wildfires destroy more than 50 structures
- Calm before storm: Trump leaves everyone guessing on N Korea, Iran move
- Announces retirement at end of season
- This is How Google Built the Pixel 2's 'Best Ever' Camera
- McDonald's Coveted Szechuan Sauce Coming Back To Chicago - For 1 Day Only
- Paddock's girlfriend unaware of shooting plan
- Bulgaria 0 France 1
- LSU can feel good again after bounce-back win at Florida
- BlackBerry Motion Smartphone Is Now Official
- Metropolitan Police say London Natural History Museum incident is not terror-related