He has been a fringe figure under Patrick Vieira this season, playing only 15 of NYC's 32 fixtures.
Pirlo won the World Cup with Italy in 2006, where he was man of the match in three of their matches including the memorable final against France.
He said: "Every day you have physical problems, you can not train as you like because you always have some stuff".
Ghana's gas station explodes in capital city Accra
Police said the blasts happened in the Atomic Junction roundabout area of Legon in northeast Accra at about 1930 GMT. People were seen running to the safer place after the explosion happened.
"At my age, that's enough". You do not have to continue like this until you are 50 years old, no. "I'll do something else".
As many players come and go throughout the years, the 38-year-old's name will live long in football fan's memories. "I'm not angry. Instead, I will give a hand to team-mates and to the coach", he said.
Pirlo, who worked under Conte during the pair's spell in the Italian national team and at Juventus, has waxed lyrical about his former boss, and claimed that he is up there with the very best in the world. After catching the eye of Inter Milan scouts with his skillful displays, he moved to the San Siro outfit in 1998. He made his name with the Rossoneri, winning two Serie A titles and both of his Champions League titles with the club.
The veteran midfielder left a lasting impression on the reigning Serie A champions - winning the Coppa Italia and Italian Super Cup twice, as well as reaching the 2015 Champions League final. On worldwide front, Pirlo represented his country at every age group and made 116 senior appearances, scoring 13 goals.
- Astros vs. Red Sox 2017 live stream
- Death toll in Pak Sufi shrine attack rises to 22
- Danish divers find journalist's body parts
- GST Council relief to exporters, small businesses
- Game ball for week 5 loss to Michigan State
- Were Analysts Bullish Carr's Group PLC (LON:CARR) This Week?
- Halep going close in yet another bid to be No. 1
- ATP Beijing semifinal preview: Rafael Nadal vs Grigor Dimitrov
- Over half million Rohingya fled Myanmar, 2000 per day, says UN
- White House expected to decertify Iran N