Both CPM and RSS-BJP have lost cadre to political violence in Kannur but the number of dead are nearly evenly matched, indicating that these two outfits are engaged in a chilling tit-for-tat murder spree.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah on Tuesday announced a two-week 'padyatra', against the Communist Party of India (Marxist) targeting his party's workers, in all state capitals from Wednesday.
BJP has escalated its high-decibel national campaign against the killing of RSS-BJP workers in Kerala by taking out padyatras through Kannur, the hotbed of CPM-RSS political violence. "We are a party which believes there is no place for violence in democracy", added the Chief Minister.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday met Finance Minister Arun Jaitley "urgently", resulting in speculations. Shah was supposed to rejoin the Janarakha Yatra on Thursday as it passed though the CPM hotbed in Kannur.
Bank of America Boosts Rating On General Motors Company (GM) To "Buy"
The institutional investor owned 91,000 shares of the auto manufacturer's stock after selling 22,600 shares during the quarter. Franklin Parlapiano Turner & Welch LLC acquired a new stake in General Motors during the first quarter worth about $106,000.
As said by the party leaders, Amit Shah who had returned to Delhi after inaugurating Janaraksha Yatra at Payyanur was scheduled to arrive at Pinarayi today. Opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala of Congress said, "The Yatra now resembles a funeral procession".
The BJP national president alleged almost 120 BJP workers, 84 in Kannur alone, were killed in Kerala since 2001 with 14 of them in Chief Minister Vijayan's home town since he took the reins a year ago.
In a hard-hitting speech, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said on Thursday that the BJP-RSS had terribly underestimated Kerala and its people.
BJP claims that "Janaraksha Yatra" is being organised by the party to create awareness among people of Kerala against "red terror".
- Radhe Maa dances with police officers, two suspended
- TheBeautyPlace.com Holds Pink Sale in Support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Man arrested after vicious knife attack on Edmonton police officer
- After climate crackdown, TransCanada scraps major tar sands pipeline
- Las Vegas shooter wired $140000 to Philippines last week
- Glasgow University praises late scientist after United States colleagues awarded Nobel prize
- Senate Intel Leaders Say Ongoing Russia Probe Has Expanded
- You can now share your Instagram Stories directly on Facebook
- Kerala's Shafin-Hadia marriage: SC to examine whether HC can annul marriage
- Honeypreet, Rapist Gurmeet's daughter surrenders in Zirakpur