James came under fire too, after a picture emerged of him going in to kiss a smiling Spicer later that evening, and the comedian addressed the outrage on The Late Late Show with James Corden on Monday night (18Sep17).
"According to some reports at the afterparty, Spicer was the post popular guy in the room".
"I was surprised at how nice people were to me", he said, "even the people who I know don't agree with me politically".
"I've learned in this business to never say never, so there you have it", he said.
Sean Spicer's behavior during his record-short time in the White House ranged from utterly pathetic to disrespectfully evasive to downright despicable, but all of his behavior could be defined as blindly loyal to his boss as well as profoundly unconcerned about the citizens most affected by his boss's actions. They came up with a concept, and I thought it was kinda amusing. "I enjoyed his performance last night on the Emmys". To be fair, everyone was kissing a** last night at the Emmys.
People Hurt After 2 Buses Collide In Flushing, Queens
The Dahlia Travel and Tours bus comes flying towards from the left at 6:16:09 a.m., appearing to be out of control. In February 2016, one of the company's buses rolled over en route to a CT casino, injuring 14 passengers.
Spicer appeared on stage at the Emmy Awards Sunday night, in what many are angrily saying was an attempt to rebrand himself and cleanse his image, despite having spent seven months or more lying for President Trump. "Understandably, some people have been disappointed by this photo. I am, have been reading a lot of harsh comments on Twitter today, and I hear you loud and clear, truly, I do", he said.
After admitting his embarrassment, Corden then lightheartedly referenced another controversial political figure, "I'm really starting to regret that "Carpool Karaoke" that we've taped with Steve Bannon".
"I can promise you this, that kiss was a one-time thing". That is, perhaps, with the exception of Melissa McCarthy, an actor who perhaps knows more intimately the vagaries of Spicer's tenure as press secretary, and looked embarrassed on behalf of Hollywood.
But there was one A-lister who didn't participate in Spicer-fest.
- (Update) Apparently you can play Fortnite together on PS4 and Xbox One
- Trump suggests United States will have military parade on July 4
- Former Connecticut Resident Riding Out Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico
- Russian helicopter accidentally fires rocket at onlookers
- Kenya's Supreme Court explains why it nullified presidential polls
- German Right Takes Aim at Islam
- Boxing Legend Jake LaMotta Passes Away At Age 95
- Pres. Trump to visit Huntsville in support of Sen. Strange
- Ryanair cancellations: What we know so far
- Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger Provides Danny Welbeck Update