Undefeated WBC, WBA, IBO and IBF world champion Gennady Golovkin meets Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. For those disappointed by last month's so-called superfight between a boxer and a UFC fighter that was staged before a less-than capacity crowd, Saturday's sold-out world-title contest at the same T-Mobile Arena will be a welcome change. Alvarez enters 49-1-1 with 34 knockouts on his resume. This fight also has the unique twist of donating part of its proceeds to efforts to help Texas and Florida recover from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
Alvarez's only defeat came in 2013 against Floyd Mayweather, who was too fast and smart for him. The combination of styles has boxing fans salivating over what will happen in the same ring where Mayweather stopped McGregor three weeks ago.
"Canelo against Golovkin will go down in history", said Oscar De La Hoya, whose promotional company, Golden Boy Promotions, is putting on Saturday's fight.
Canelo Alvarez has warned Gennady Golovkin he will show him how a true Mexican fights, as he vowed to reign supreme over the middleweight division.
For $500, Oregon gives voter list to fraud commission
The statement said that the foundation is "scrupulously nonpartisan", adding: "The views expressed in the email are his own". Gardner blasted Kobach for arriving with "preconceived, preordained ideas about what the facts are going to turn out to be".
"But I have more experience now, I'm more complete as a fighter, more confident in the ring".
Golovkin, the unbeaten knockout puncher from Kazakhstan, will defend his middleweight titles against Alvarez, Mexico's biggest boxing star. But a win over Golovkin would undoubtedly be Canelo's greatest achievement and arguably the most impressive middleweight feat in decades.
"I believe this is my first step to history", Golovkin said. I am ready to reign at the top of the middleweight division for a long time, Canelo told BoxNation. "I'm a counter puncher, and I like to fight". In the process, both combatants give fight fans the show they have long anticipated and gives boxing the violent, exciting boost in the arm many have been wanting for so long.
Manager Frank Warren has already expressed his desire to align the winners of the two respective middleweight world championship fights in December this year. Golovkin also has an unreal chin, which has made him take risks in keeping with the "fan favorite" style he has been practicing in recent years. "I am the boss, not Canelo".
- European Union chief Juncker approves possible secession of Catalonia from Spain
- Nintendo will continue to ship SNES Classic Edition consoles into 2018
- State Attorney General advises Iowans to take action after Equifax data breach
- Terror attacks take 50 lives in Southern Iraq, many more wounded
- Chase bank CEO calls bitcoin a 'fraud'
- Dead After Evacuation of Florida Nursing Home: Mayor
- Sen. Franken quizzes Apple over Face ID: how secure is it?
- Cassini's finale: NASA's last photos from their 20-year Saturn mission
- Manchester United v Everton preview: Red meets blue on Super Sunday
- KBTX will air Hand in Hand benefit concert Tuesday at 7 pm