But nothing much was revealed about the device; except confirming the fact that, LG being the sole manufacturer of the larger device.
It looks like the Pixel 2 series might be announced on October 4.
However, the new Pixel phones will be among the first to ship with Android 8.0 Oreo, along with Sony's new Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, which are set to go on sale in September.
Weakened Hurricane Jose could become tropical storm today
As for intensity, the hurricane center is predicting a high-end Category 1 hurricane with 90-mph winds by Saturday. The National Hurricane Center forecast takes the storm's path out to five days.
One of the more controversial likelihoods for the Pixel 2 is that Google could ditch the 3.5-mm headphone jack, a decision that seems to be increasingly common in newer smartphones. The Google Pixel 2 is now being manufactured by HTC, meanwhile the larger XL version will be made by LG.
Pixel fans who are closely following Pixel 2 rumors probably already know that HTC is only rumored to only be making one new Pixel 2 phone this year, while LG has been tasked with the bigger Pixel 2 XL. It is worth noting that Google past year also launched its Pixel 2 and the Pixel XL 2 smartphones on October 4.
So far we're hearing Google's Pixel XL 2 will have a curved Quad-HD OLED display, a powerful Snapdragon 835 processor with 4-6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and a single yet vastly improved 13MP rear camera.
According to some reports, the device is also going to get front facing stereo speakers. It is also expected to come with HTC's Edge Sense technology found on HTC U11. At the moment, it doesn't offer a lot of information, simply asking for your email address so you can stay updated about Google devices and services. As reported by Android Police, the only hint to make sure it was the Pixel 2 XL was the model no G011C which...
- Terror attacks take 50 lives in Southern Iraq, many more wounded
- Nintendo will continue to ship SNES Classic Edition consoles into 2018
- North Korea Threatens To Use Nuclear Weapon To 'Sink' Japan
- Gurugram Murder Case: Investigation continues
- Amber Tamblyn, Armie Hammer slam James Woods for age gap double standard
- West Ham United vs Huddersfield Town English Premier League
- Danica Patrick out at Stewart-Haas Racing
- Apple unveils Apple TV 4K, pricing starts at $229 CAD
- Fire at religious school in Kuala Lumpur, kills 23 children, 2 teacher
- Cassidy, Graham unveil long-shot Obamacare replacement bill