The National Hurricane Center forecast takes the storm's path out to five days.
Jose is 450 miles north-northeast from Grand Turk Island and 645 miles north-northwest from San Juan, Puerto Rico, according to the 11 a.m. advisory from the hurricane center.
Jose is moving toward the east near 7 miles per hour, and a turn to the southeast and south at a slow forward speed is expected over the next couple of days.
After Irma climbed up Florida, it had slowed to a tropical depression as it dumps rain over Tennessee and the Ohio Valley, NHC reported.
With all the attention focused, rightly, on Hurricane Irma and the damage she has done, do not forget that there is a second hurricane still churning in the Atlantic.
The last thing some Lowcountry residents want to think about after Hurricane Irma battered South Carolina Monday is the next storm.
Klopp implores battered Liverpool to learn quickly
He came back long flight, 15 minutes here, 15 minutes there, three weeks without training. Listen to the latest episode and subscribe to the podcast on Deezer and iTunes .
As for intensity, the hurricane center is predicting a high-end Category 1 hurricane with 90-mph winds by Saturday.
Over the next three days, the hurricane is supposed to turn slowly clockwise toward the west-northwest, forecasters said, as a trough to the northeast leaves and subtropical ridge builds in the northwest, north and eventually northeast.
Current long-term forecast models for Jose are all over the map next week.
While track models are coming into better agreement on Jose's path, "there still remains a significant spread", among a few of the forecasts. Of 20 runs of the GFS model ensemble forecast Monday morning, 25% resulted in an eventual landfall in the USA, and another 25% in Canada.
No coastal watches or warnings were in effect.
- Gurugram Murder Case: Investigation continues
- China is shutting down domestic Bitcoin exchanges
- Tottenham boss Pochettino: Kane as good as Batistuta
- Behind-The-Scenes Pics Show How Disney World Prepared For Hurricane Irma
- Florida residents attempt to rescue manatees stranded by effects of Hurricane Irma
- Harvey, Irma, Jose and Katia - animated
- Census Bureau: US household income up 3.2%; poverty rate dips in Northeast
- What Arsene Wenger has suggested Liverpool did to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Trump offers to personally mediate dispute between Qatar, other Arab countries
- Xiaomi wants to take on Apple's MacBook Pro