After all, it one of the most sought items during the 2016 holiday shopping season - and also one of the most hard to find.
Unfortunately, the supply did not meet the demand, and many fans were left disappointed when the Japanese gaming company announced they planned to stop producing the console.
The Super NES Classic Edition system features 21 legendary Super NES games such as Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.
Behind-The-Scenes Pics Show How Disney World Prepared For Hurricane Irma
Walt Disney World has announced that it will reopen on September 12, with the hurricane now downgraded to a tropical depression. Disney noted that they experienced high winds and rain during the storm, but they were able to keep power.
As an indication of its planned supply, Nintendo said that the number of SNES Classic Edition consoles shipped on launch day in the United States will be higher than the total number of NES Classic Editions shipped. More details on the rerelease will be announced soon. However, Nintendo is also bringing back one of the classics.
Pre-orders for the SNES are already sold out online at Amazon, GameStop and Target.
Redmond-based Nintendo said Tuesday that high demand has prompted the company to extend shipping of its upcoming retro version of the 16-bit Super NES into next year. In March, Nintendo launched its latest gaming system - the Nintendo Switch - which works as both a TV-linked console and a handheld portable device. If this is true, this is a bad oversight on Nintendo's part; the NES Classic should be for gamers outside of Nintendo's traditional hardware ecosystem, a one-off purchase that locks players to a limited set-top box.
- Nintendo "strongly urges" you don't overpay for SNES mini on eBay
- NKorea rejects United Nations sanctions, says USA will suffer
- Gas prices drop in Meadville area
- Google Appeals £2.2bn EU Antitrust Fine For Search Abuse
- Klopp implores battered Liverpool to learn quickly
- Chubb selects France as post-Brexit EU headquarters
- Gurugram Murder Case: Investigation continues
- Harvey, Irma, Jose and Katia - animated
- Here's how analysts see Aviva plc (LON:AV) after this past week
- Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin Press Conference Live Stream & Video