Universal Studios-near Disney World-also reopened Tuesday, the park stated.
Disney Springs - 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
In attempt to enforce a 6 p.m. curfew Monday, Orange County Sheriff's deputies drove up and down the main tourists areas from the Orlando County Convention Center and Universal Boulevard to blare: "Go back to your hotels". Special events, such as Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, will also take place.
At Universal, Volcano Bay, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios are open today.
Florida residents attempt to rescue manatees stranded by effects of Hurricane Irma
He said, "We don't want anybody to risk their lives; they were trying to do the right thing but it's not worth it". A full-grown manatee can weigh in the neighborhood of 1,000 pounds, so moving one is no small task.
Hurricane Irma marks the first occassion that both Disney World and Universal Studios shuttered their gates for two full days due to weather. However, Hurricane Irma has ripped through the Caribbean and reached Florida over the weekend, prompting the theme park to shut. Disney noted that they experienced high winds and rain during the storm, but they were able to keep power. SeaWorld and Aquatica are planning to open on Wednesday.
Walt Disney World has announced that it will reopen on September 12, with the hurricane now downgraded to a tropical depression.
Guests at the parks have been sharing photos of various minor-looking damage on social media, including tree damage at the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom park, flooding at Epcot and damage near Cinderella's Castle.
- MEXICO: Strongest Quake 'in A Century' Kills More Than 30
- Klopp implores battered Liverpool to learn quickly
- Trump administration appeals to Supreme Court on refugee ban
- Gov. rescinds hospital evacuation for some counties, delays announcement on residents
- What Arsene Wenger has suggested Liverpool did to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Trump offers to personally mediate dispute between Qatar, other Arab countries
- No. 6 USC knocks off No. 14 Stanford
- Xiaomi wants to take on Apple's MacBook Pro
- 'Calm' Chelsea boss Antonio Conte set to rotate for Champions Leaguetilt
- China is shutting down domestic Bitcoin exchanges