Nintendo's total lack of communication about when pre-orders would go live, and where, resulted in a lot of frustrated consumers.
With the demand of the NES Classic resulting in supply issues, many fans were left anxious that a similar issue will arise when with the release of the forthcoming SNES Mini. If Nintendo can indeed meet demand this year, you shouldn't have to drop more than the $80 asking price.
It's something Fils-Aimé said was "outside of their control".
For what it's worth, Nintendo is promising that the SNES Classic will be more readily available than the NES Classic, even if pre-orders have played out exactly as they did before.
As I've said before, given Nintendo's track record (not just with the NES Classic but other systems dating back years ago), there's simply no reason for gamers to believe the company will produce enough units to satisfy demand this holiday season.
Now, on the eve of the SNES Classic release, Nintendo seems to be following a similar script.
I'm not suggesting you should pay an inflated price on eBay - eff those people - but you should definitely keep your expectations in check.
It's not easy to find a Nintendo Switch, and Nintendo wants you to know that they can't guarantee that it's going to get any easier.
Despite retailing for $79.99, the NES Classic was going for upwards of $200 on eBay nearly immediately.
However, given that's never been the company's style, and we can expect more shortages throughout the holiday season.
The unexpectedly high demand and "multiple choke points" in the supply chain have led to a dismayed fanbase, most notably in Japan.
Royal Caribbean cancels Empress of the Seas sailing due to Hurricane Irma
Oppenheimer Asset Management Inc. purchased a new position in Royal Caribbean Cruises in the 1st quarter valued at $119,000. The stock of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (NYSE:RCL) has "Neutral" rating given on Thursday, October 27 by JP Morgan.
- Hurricane Jose seen weakening on Sunday - NHC
- Mexico Intensifies Recovery Efforts After Earthquake and Hurricane
- MAPPED: Where tsunamis set to strike after killer mega natural disaster
- New leak of Brexit papers reveals fissures between Britain and EU
- Private email server was my 'most important mistake' - Hillary Clinton
- BN's Immigration Project: Dreamers 'Very Nervous' About DACA
- Macron urges European Union to avoid rupture with Turkey
- Hurricane Irma sucks water from beaches in Bahamas
- China is shutting down domestic Bitcoin exchanges
- Hardee County deputy, corrections officer killed in head-on crash