But on Friday, the Associated Press reported that the Browns' plan for Sunday's regular-season opener would include players and coaches standing for the national anthem alongside police, firefighters, and military personnel.
Britton Colquitt stepped back near the Browns' goal line for his first of many punts this season, and what many expected to be a bright spot for Cleveland turned into a disaster when the Steelers broke through for a clean block.
Cleveland went three-and-out on its opening drive of the season behind new quarterback DeShone Kizer against the Steelers and was forced to punt. Two of Pittsburgh's 3 scores were set up by big plays - a 50-yard completion on a ball that was tipped to Antonio Brown and a 41-yard pass interference penalty. Kizer scored two plays later. The Steelers only managed 290 total yards, and the Browns held Le'Veon Bell to just 32 yards on 11 carries.
Kizer scored his first rushing touchdown of his career with 24 seconds left in the first quarter.
Apple Set to Reveal Special iPhone X on Tuesday
The iPhone community has remained baffled about the specifications of the device following a wave of leaks and rumours. It's a safe bet that the headphone jack - gone with the introduction of the iPhone 7 - isn't coming back.
The Steelers expanded their advantage to 21-10 on the following possession when Roethlisberger hooked up with James for a 2-yard pass out of an empty backfield.
The Cleveland Browns have come up with an original and effective way to get their concerns about social injustice and racial inequality across.
The Steelers made life miserable for the Browns quarterback - this time Kizer. On the defensive as well the Steelers were better allowing 342 yards per game as compared to the Browns' 392 yards. QB Cody Kessler, who is 0-8 as a starter last season with the Browns past year, was inactive.
- Macron urges European Union to avoid rupture with Turkey
- Aaron Donald ends holdout, still out Week 1 for Rams
- Piyush Goyal gets Railways, Prabhu shifted to Commerce and Industry
- Gov. rescinds hospital evacuation for some counties, delays announcement on residents
- BJP mulls 'Grand Alliance' for Meghalaya and Tripura elections
- Hurricane Jose seen weakening on Sunday - NHC
- MEXICO: Strongest Quake 'in A Century' Kills More Than 30
- MAPPED: Where tsunamis set to strike after killer mega natural disaster
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Man City v Liverpool
- Lil Wayne was hospitalised after suffering multiple seizures over the weekend