Weather systems now in the central United States that are being observed by the extra weather-balloon launches will move east, eventually interacting with Hurricane Irma after it reaches USA soil, according to the office in Valley, Nebraska.
McMaster says there are No other evacuations ordered.
As Floridians prepared for Hurricane Irma this week, Publix bakeries were able to find some lightness in a tense situation by baking cakes decked out in Irma messages. Irma is in the southern Bahamas, and now a category 4 hurricane with winds of 150 miles per hour and moving west northwest at 16 miles per hour.
Track updates on the hurricane with the National Weather Service here.
As the storm intensifies and moves toward Florida, National Weather Service offices in the Midwest, like in International Falls, have been launching twice as many weather balloons as normal.
Still a pleasant day and weekend ahead, but as we get into the middle of next week depending on Irma's track we could see our wind direction shift to a more southerly flow which would allow for our dew points to increase and a few clouds to build in as well.
The offices, which usually launch their daily data-collecting weather balloons every 12 hours, are stepping up the pace. Each five-foot-diameter balloon carries a small, expendable instrument package that is encased in Styrofoam and measures humidity, temperature and wind as it rises from the ground up to 100,000 feet.
The extra releases began in the central US, then expanded eastward to include 52 NWS offices, according to NOAA, the NWS's parent organization. "The windy may cause weakened or poorly rooted trees to topple and create widely scattered power outages", according to weather service bulletin.
Irma might bring severe weather to Athens, but its effects might also be mild.
Ousmane Dembele Provide Glorious Assist For Luis Suarez On Barcelona Debut
Barca managed to rbag a fouth goal in the 87th minute as Gerard Pique found the back of the net with a thumping header. Argentinean ace Lionel Messi shined as Barcelona destroyed rivals Espanyol 5-0, in the Catalan derby at Camp Nou.
- Intel's fight against European Union antitrust to drag on after court ruling
- LVMH and Kering ban ultra-thin and underage models
- Graydon Carter Is Leaving Vanity Fair After 25 Years
- Hurricane Irma: Polk sheriff warns IDs will be checked at evacuation shelters
- Tiger killed after wild run through Georgia neighbourhood
- Hurricane Irma: Broward sending shelter pets to California
- Lil Wayne was hospitalised after suffering multiple seizures over the weekend
- Israel attacked Syria? Air raid on military position kills two people
- Piyush Goyal gets Railways, Prabhu shifted to Commerce and Industry
- Narendra Modi Meets Suu Kyi, Discusses India-Myanmar Relations