Gov. Henry McMaster has said that he will announce whether there will be mandatory evacuations and interstate lane reversals at 10 a.m. Saturday.
McMaster also ordered health care facilities along the coast to begin evacuations effective Thursday at 2 p.m. The order still applied to three counties.
Major coastal flooding is possible, threatening to cut off many coastal areas, including routes to and from barrier islands.
Of those evacuated, 532 left Edisto Beach, 468 from Dafuskie Island, 743 from Fripp Island, 168 from Hunting Island, 42,000 from Hilton Head Island, 409 from Knowles Island and 32 from Tullifiny Island.
McMaster had ordered the evacuation Thursday, but he eliminated those counties from the order because of a change, westward, in the expected track of Hurricane Irma.
The governor did not rule out more evacuations.
McMaster says State Agencies are asking everyone to be prepared for Hurricane Irma.
As Irma approaches the region, its large swells, storm surge and high tides may cause water along the coast to rise 6 feet above ground level near Charleston, which Dixon said could have a "pretty devastating result".
These Are Donald Trump's Properties That Could Get Hit By Hurricane Irma
Martin (as well as Richard Branson's home on his private island ), the storm has South Florida in its crosshairs. After destroying "Le Chateau des Palmiers", Trump's 11-bedroom mansion located on the Caribbean island of St.
"We are making our best judgment", based on the information available and input from professionals, McMaster said.
SC officials will be in Germany next week to recruit jobs at the world's biggest show for the automotive industry, but Hurricane Irma is keeping Gov. Henry McMaster at home.
There is congestion on Interstate 95, Interstate 26, and Highway 321 due to people from Florida and Georgia coming into the state who are fleeing areas at high risk from the storm.
If Irma follows its current track, Midlands residents could face up to 7 inches of rain and wind gusts as strong as 50 miles per hour, experts said. The two-day craft show is held along Park Avenue and will be from 9 a.m.to 5 p.m. Saturday.
"It is not too soon to get ready", Cooper said Wednesday.
Reminder: If games are postponed or cancelled, game officials need notification immediately.
The Columbia area is unlikely to experience hurricane-force winds but could see tornadoes Monday, forecasters said around midday Saturday.
- Jaguar Land Rover to make only electric or hybrid cars by 2020
- Instagram Lets Users to Share Stories Directly to Facebook
- Ousmane Dembele Provide Glorious Assist For Luis Suarez On Barcelona Debut
- Hurricane Irma: Broward sending shelter pets to California
- Israel attacked Syria? Air raid on military position kills two people
- Lil Wayne was hospitalised after suffering multiple seizures over the weekend
- Hurricane Irma: Polk sheriff warns IDs will be checked at evacuation shelters
- Publix's Hurricane Cakes Are The Best Way to Ride Out Irma
- Intel's fight against European Union antitrust to drag on after court ruling
- Hurricane Jose seen weakening on Sunday - NHC