And City responded strongly to accusations from Tebas regarding the bankrolling of the club by owner Sheikh Mansour, of Abu Dhabi's ruling family.
City Football Group (CFG), group that own the Manchester team, acquired 88.6% of Girona's shares at the end of August, along with the company owned by Pere Guardiola.
CFG categorically denied anyone had sought to "cook the books" at Girona by not charging a loan fee for the players from City, who said the majority of their loans to all clubs did not involve such fees. By contrast, Mr. Tebas' statements are ill-informed and in parts pure fiction.
"As they can expect, Manchester City Football Club and City Football Group have sought legal advice and will act accordingly", the statement continued. We've caught them peeing in the swimming pool.
Tebas said La Liga had stepped in to prevent the five being registered for far less than their correct value.
Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer submits resignation for "personal reasons"
Fischer said his resignation will take effect October 13 and cited "personal reasons" for his departure. He also taught economics at MIT for more than 20 years-former Fed chairman Ben Bernanke was a student.
UEFA has opened an investigation over PSG's signings, and the possibility of breaking Financial Fair Play rules, although nothing has been set for Manchester City.
Speaking at the SoccerEx convention on Wednesday, Tebas said through a translator that PSG "are laughing at the system," adding "we can't accept this". "I need more money from TV, otherwise Manchester City with its oil will take all these players".
"These unworthy remarks are unbefitting an institution as respectable and successful as the Spanish league".
He claimed: "If there is too much money in the market, prices go up".
City hit back with a strong statement confirming they are seeking legal action against the Spanish league after Tebas also criticised their financial structure earlier in the week.
Ben Arfa's lawyer, Jean-Jacques Bertrand, claims the club have violated the LFP's Professional Football Charter that states such a measure can only be temporary and for reasons of squad management.
- Lil Wayne was hospitalised after suffering multiple seizures over the weekend
- Intel's fight against European Union antitrust to drag on after court ruling
- Dealing with key injuries, Aggies putting deflating loss in rear view
- Hurricane Irma: Polk sheriff warns IDs will be checked at evacuation shelters
- Terror funding case: NIA raids 11places
- Spanish PM Requests High Court Recognize Bids on Catalan Independense Illegal
- Slovakia respects European Union court ruling on refugees, position unchanged - PM
- India complete Lanka Tourwash, courtesy 'chasemaster' Kohli
- Australia edge ahead of Bangladesh after David Warner century and late collapse
- Narendra Modi Meets Suu Kyi, Discusses India-Myanmar Relations