"Northeast's development is the government's first priority".
Shah is also planning to visit Meghalaya as the party is keen to put its best foot forward in the three poll bound north-east states of Tripura, Mizoram and Meghalaya.
He said the BJP's impressive performance in over seven backward and poor districts in the last rural polls earlier this year in the state showed the people's growing support for the party. Though there are many talented people in these parties, they are sidelined because they do not come from any particular political dynasty.
Democratic Sen. Tester, Who Voted Against DREAM Act, Criticizes Trump DACA Repeal
Phil Scott, Vermont's GOP governor, said Tuesday it was "unfortunate" that the Trump administration has made a decision to end DACA.
Summary: BHUBANESWAR: Breaking silence over the number game predicted by various parties ahead of the forthcoming assembly election, BJD president and chief minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday expresses doubt over BJP's claim of bagging 120 seats. "This is not possible because there is internal democracy in the BJP". The party believes it is on track to take on the ruling BJD, which has been in power since 2000 under Naveen Patnaik, and could win 120 of the 147 Assembly seats.
On the question of whether Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan will be the Chief Ministerial candidate of the party in Odisha, Shah said the party hasn't decided on any candidate yet.
Criticising Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for celebrating an award given by a news magazine to him, Shah said an award can not take the state forward when the government was involved in corruption.
Shah will review the progress of "Mo Booth Sabuthu Majboot", "Sankalp ru Siddhi" and "Nutan Odisha Nirman" programmes launched to strengthen the party, said Panda. The irony is the chief minister has failed to learn Odia in such a long period, he said.
- Hurricane Irma: Polk sheriff warns IDs will be checked at evacuation shelters
- Lil Wayne was hospitalised after suffering multiple seizures over the weekend
- Narendra Modi Meets Suu Kyi, Discusses India-Myanmar Relations
- Piyush Goyal gets Railways, Prabhu shifted to Commerce and Industry
- US Open: Coco Vandeweghe reaches third Grand Slam quarterfinal of 2017
- La Liga chief accuses Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City of "financial doping"
- Darling: Attach Cut, Cap, and Balance to Debt Limit Hike
- Slovakia respects European Union court ruling on refugees, position unchanged - PM
- Dealing with key injuries, Aggies putting deflating loss in rear view
- Bell Pottinger loses clients and staff in wake of South Africa scandal