"With the match scheduled for the afternoon of Sunday 8th July it should provide the ideal summer Sunday for cricket fans".
'I've seen these guys at close quarters.
The Test series begins on August 1 at Edgbaston. People say they've turned a corner but they've turned 40 corners.
He further said, "I grew up at a time when West Indies dominated the world".
"I had no inkling that they were going to turn it around".
"This is maybe the most embarrassing moment for me as a young West Indian, watching a West Indies team time-wasting, playing the game in a way it should never, ever be played".
Hope's superb contribution of 147 and an unbeaten 118 proved key but Holding warned against building up the 23-year-old. Viv Richards asked if someone wanted to bowl and I immediately put up my hand.I bowled leg-breaks and googlies and eventually I bowled 7 overs and said I was done.
Earlier this summer, Coetzer's side claimed their first big-name scalp in a 50-over contest when they beat Sri Lanka and followed that up with an ODI victory against Zimbabwe. Let's not get carried away.
Last-ditch effort to restore Stormont Executive in Northern Ireland
Sinn Féin has rejected a call from the DUP leader for the immediate restoration of power sharing in the north. Now we stand on the cusp of a new century for Northern Ireland.
At the suggestion it is sure to be in his eyeline when he faces up, he added pointedly: "It depends if you are looking at the ball". "Even if they do lose there mustn't be any repeat of Edgbaston otherwise Headingley will be forgotten".
A limited number of tickets are still available for the one-day global between England and the West Indies at the Brightside Ground on Sunday, September 24.
Roland-Jones, who made his debut in the recent home series win over South Africa, was omitted despite taking 14 wickets at under 20 apiece in his first three Tests and was replaced in Leeds by Chris Woakes, returning from a side strain. It wasn't complacency, just these days stick to a formula.
Shai Hope has the potential to be a modern "great", West Indies coach Stuart Law said today ahead of Thursday's third Test at Lord's.
Victory for West Indies would bring them their first series win in this country since 1988, but Holder insisted he was unfazed by the prospect. To be a coach you have to do it by the manual.
"I've got a job to do this week".
"We've done some good things over the few months, or maybe 12 months, but not quite got that consistency going yet and that's something that we're really striving for".
- Last chance for Sri Lanka to redeem wretched home run
- US Open: Coco Vandeweghe reaches third Grand Slam quarterfinal of 2017
- Spanish PM Requests High Court Recognize Bids on Catalan Independense Illegal
- China's Xi pushes for 'healthy' ties with India after border standoff
- Bell Pottinger loses clients and staff in wake of South Africa scandal
- Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow walks away from Star Wars film
- Dollar struggles on North Korea nuclear tests; euro shines
- Japan Emperor's granddaughter Princess Mako announces engagement to former university classmate
- Putin Says At This Point, Sanctions Against North Korea Are 'Useless'
- Narendra Modi Meets Suu Kyi, Discusses India-Myanmar Relations