Earlier, Dilshan Munaweera clobbered four sixes in his 29-ball 53 and Ashan Priyanjan, playing his first Twenty20 worldwide, chipped in with a run-a-ball 40 not out to help the hosts post a competitive total after being put in. Expressing his happiness over India's emphatic triumph, Chahal seemed to fall short for words while praising his skipper Virat Kohli's leadership on and off the field.
Pacer Suranga Lakmal makes a comeback after injury, as he had been ruled out ahead of the second Test in August. The captain Virat Kohli also performed well and reached centuries in the last two ODI matches at the island nation.
This is the last chance for the host nation to cool down their fans by at least a win in the T20I format.
There is a possibility that rain might play spoilsport as it has been raining Colombo.
Twenty 20 games are different from the Test and ODI.
It will be interesting to see what sort of combination India opts for.
US bombers drill over Korean peninsula days after latest missile launch
Considering its range, the Hwasong-14 missiles could potentially reach the continental U.S. "I agree with the president". This could risk triggering a military retaliation from the United States if something goes wrong.
After the retirement of Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara from the gentlemen's cricket game, the team facing many struggles. After being removed from Angelo Mathews in July, Tharanga has been given the command of the team in ODIs and T20s.
India's T20 specialists - Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah - gave the visitors a flawless start to remove the opening duo.
The live broadcast of the match will be available on Sony Six, Sony Six HD and Ten 3 while live streaming is available on Sony LIV.
India's spin duo of Yuzvendra Chahal (3-43) and Kuldeep Yadav (2-20) shared five wickets between them to restrict Sri Lanka to just under the 175-mark.
Sri Lanka and Indian sub-continent:Sony Ten.
Sri Lanka on Monday named a 15-member squad led by the newly appointed Twenty20 skipper Upul Tharanga for a one-off match against India at the Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. There will be an inspection at 7 pm as it was raining some time back.
- Majka climbs to Stage 14 Vuelta victory
- Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow walks away from Star Wars film
- Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer submits resignation for "personal reasons"
- Last-ditch effort to restore Stormont Executive in Northern Ireland
- Japan Emperor's granddaughter Princess Mako announces engagement to former university classmate
- Spanish PM Requests High Court Recognize Bids on Catalan Independense Illegal
- Dealing with key injuries, Aggies putting deflating loss in rear view
- Standings, bubble drivers entering final regular-season race — NASCAR playoffs
- Democratic Sen. Tester, Who Voted Against DREAM Act, Criticizes Trump DACA Repeal
- Putin Says At This Point, Sanctions Against North Korea Are 'Useless'