Warner was on 88 with Handscomb on 69 at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium Handscomb, who recorded his fourth Test fifty in just his 10th game, took regular drinks breaks as he battled exhaustion and dehydration in the final half-hour.
The tourists ground out the runs after that reprieve and typically explosive opener Warner had to endure what will surely have been a painful 74-ball wait between boundaries.
"It's hard to get the Australia team under pressure so we must take our opportunity to win the series", Rahim said.
Still, those were runs on board and Australia have had issues in such conditions - Nathan Lyon picking up a seven-for was an obvious pointer to the pitch being spin-friendly.
"I always talk about trying to bat long periods for time in these conditions and, by far, that's the hottest I've ever played in", Warner said. Whereas Warner scored his second century on the trot with 123 runs from 234 balls.
Warner would reach a landmark hundred, his second in consecutive innings, after his well-publicised slump in Test cricket and in Asia in particular. The incident is still under investigation, according to Cricket Australia.
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow walks away from Star Wars film
Director Colin Trevorrow at the press conference for the film Jurassic World in Los Angeles on June 6, 2015. Star Wars and film fans online responded to Trevorrow's departure with snarky jokes and celebration.
Pat Cummins (4) lasted just eight deliveries when he shouldered arms to Mehedy, but didn't expect it to turn a mile before hitting him on the pads without offering a shot. We played well, tomorrow's another day.
"It's massive. We talk about having energy and intent when we go out on the field there. he got good reward from that stumping today", Lyon said. "The way he has adapted and actually gone and batted in a different way in the last couple of innings has been spectacular for David".
"He's that talented, he's probably got it now".
"And I just showed myself and proved to myself that I am capable of doing it on turning tracks".
The left-hander combined for a 152-run stand with Peter Handscomb, who was run out on 82 with a brilliant direct hit from Shakib Al Hasan shortly before Warner reached his century.
Nasir Hossain (45) was the another notable contributor for the hosts.
- N. Korea tests nuclear bomb, S. Korea says
- N.Korea Can Fire Missile from Anywhere Now
- Last chance for Sri Lanka to redeem wretched home run
- Dollar struggles on North Korea nuclear tests; euro shines
- Japan Emperor's granddaughter Princess Mako announces engagement to former university classmate
- Pakistan to tour England for Test series next year
- Majka climbs to Stage 14 Vuelta victory
- Tennessee guesses right on final 2-point attempt, topples Georgia Tech
- Bell Pottinger loses clients and staff in wake of South Africa scandal
- Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer submits resignation for "personal reasons"