Britain's Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child, Kensington Palace announced early Monday. They are already parents to Prince George, 4, and 2-year-old Princess Charlotte. "The Duchess is being cared for at Kensington Palace".
The news was announced as the royal couple were preparing to send their eldest child, Prince George, off to school for the first time.
"The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news", the palace said.
William and Kate made their last public appearance on Wednesday, when they visited the White Garden in memory of the late Princess Diana ahead of the 20th anniversary of her death.
As with her two previous pregnancies, the announcement said Kate is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum and would not be attending an engagement scheduled in London on Monday.
Body of Missing Temple Student Found
She had transferred to Temple just last week from Montgomery County Community College and was living in Harleysville. Police found the man at his grandmother's home in Scranton, PA, and then obtained a search warrant for the apartment.
It was not immediately clear when the baby is due although betting agencies were beginning to offer odds on possible names for the soon-to-be-born child in the House of Windsor.
The royal family is growing!
There were several signs that Kate could be expecting, according to reports.
She suffered from the condition with her first-born Prince George, too, and was admitted to hospital in December 2012 where she was diagnosed with the condition. However, Prince Harry will be pushed further down the line of succession by his newest nephew or niece.
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry taps emergency oil reserve in wake of Harvey
- Mnuchin: Debt limit should be tied to Harvey funding
- Florida Sens. Rubio, Nelson Skeptical of Trump's Pick for NASA
- Atletico advice Costa to return to Chelsea training
- Modi reaches China to attend BRICS Summit (Second Lead)
- Apple, Inc. Might Skip The "S" This Year
- Cilic Out, Shapovalov Moves On At US Open
- Steely Dan co-founder Walter Becker has passed away aged 67
- EI du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Republicans Hate Funding Disaster Relief… Until It Helps Their Own State