Sinn Féin has rejected a call from the DUP leader for the immediate restoration of power sharing in the north.
Northern Ireland Secretary of State James Brokenshire is to meet with the political parties later today, 04 September, to discuss restoring a power-sharing Executive.
Mrs Foster has called for a "common sense" solution appointing Stormont ministers alongside a time-limited process for making progress on the red line issue of an Irish language act and Ulster Scots.
"While the outcome of talks remains urgent, we are looking at a time frame of at least mid-October before parliament returns and has to make decisions on the best way forward for Northern Ireland, " he added.
The Creggan councillor said: "RTÉ reports that Jeffrey Donaldson "gave the example of Sinn Féin wanting 10 per cent of all public jobs to go to Irish speakers".
United Kingdom minister: European Union commission criticism of Brexit talks was 'silly'
Theresa May is set to approve a politically explosive Brexit bill of up to £50bn after the Conservative Party conference in October in an effort to kickstart trade talks with the European Union .
Six months after the Northern Ireland Assembly election, there appears little hope of an agreement to restore it and prevent the return of direct rule from Westminster. "We have no red lines". I have also heard from those within the Unionist community who hear others speaking about respect whilst at the same time they engage in a campaign to denigrate and demonise any and all aspects of our British identity in Northern Ireland or insult the Ulster Scots community.
She said it had been turned down in March.
The political crisis in Northern Ireland looks set to continue as Sinn Fein have rejected the most recent offer from the DUP, created to return the parties to Stormont.
Mr Brokenshire will meet the DUP, Sinn Féin, SDLP, UUP and Alliance separately at Stormont House on Monday to see if there is any prospect of talks resuming. Now we stand on the cusp of a new century for Northern Ireland.
- Trump administration wants to tie Harvey relief money to debt ceiling
- One-two punch causes Kansas gas prices to spike
- Florida senators bash Trump's pick for NASA administrator
- Apple, Inc. Might Skip The "S" This Year
- US bombers drill over Korean peninsula days after latest missile launch
- Florida Sens. Rubio, Nelson Skeptical of Trump's Pick for NASA
- Five Reasons You Should Be Watching the 2017 US Open
- Indonesia to bar Myanmar protest at world's biggest Buddhist temple
- Florida coach Jim McElwain prepared to implement new plan after MI 'whooping'
- Body of Missing Temple Student Found