The new-look iPhone 8 could also feature a significantly larger, edge-to-edge screen, a 3D face-scanner for security, and a wireless charging feature, leading some analysts to tip the removal of the iPhone charging port entirely.
Apple's flagship tenth anniversary iPhone will be called the iPhone X, with two other new models based on last year's handsets dubbed the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Norges Bank bought a new position in shares of Apple during the fourth quarter valued at about $5,625,709,000.
"This year, Apple's big reveal is at a new location: the 1,000-people Steve Jobs Theater in Apple Park, the company's brand-new 'spaceship' headquarters in Cupertino, California", reports CNET senior editor Scott Stein. This is because this marks the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, so it is rather appropriate that the redesigned model will be named in honor of that achievement. With the launch being so close, we thought the majority of rumours had dried up, this goes to show that when it comes to Apple, nothing is certain.
Why Did the iOS 11 Beta 9 Was so Quickly Released?
N. Korea Claims Success in Testing Hydrogen Bomb
And the equations can to grip on things like depth or the geology of the area, and we don't know those kinds of facts", she said. There will be some scepticism about the claim from experts about Pyongyang's assertion that it has mastered hydrogen technology.
Meanwhile, Google-made Pixel smartphones that debuted a year ago will likely get a second generation in the months ahead as rivals field new champions to battle in the prime year-end holiday shopping market.
Apple has already sent out invites for the launch of its next generation iPhones on September 12. This Touch ID feature has become common and many phone manufacturers are using this technology on their smartphone device.
Coming to the price details, iPhone 8 is expected to come with a price tag of $999 with an OLED display.
Also, the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus are expected to adopt the names, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus respectively, claims iCulture reports.
The company sent out invitations Thursday announcing September 12 as the date for the company's annual post-Labor Day showcase.
- Steely Dan co-founder Walter Becker has passed away aged 67
- One-two punch causes Kansas gas prices to spike
- Here's Kyrie Irving's rambling farewell to Cleveland
- Florida senators bash Trump's pick for NASA administrator
- Body of Missing Temple Student Found
- Amber Alert issued after mother, 1-year-old son taken at gunpoint
- Mnuchin: Debt limit should be tied to Harvey funding
- Job growth slowed in August but economy still looks solid
- China says Trump's trade threat over N. Korea 'unacceptable'
- 9000+ evacuees take refuge at George R. Brown convention center