Paul George was recently traded to Oklahoma City Thunder, but the speculation its just a pit stop before he signs with the Los Angeles Lakers, next season. The Pacers traded him after George told them he planned to leave IN as a free agent next summer.
This came after the National Basketball Association stated that they had previously warned the Lakers about violating the tampering rules after the team's president, Magic Johnson, made nationally televised comments regarding George on Jimmy Kimmel Live (at 3:32 in the video below) on April 20. The investigation into the team and its management was conducted by the independent law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. Obviously, many Lakers fans were happy to take the fine. The Lakers will pay a price for their interest in Paul George. By having discussions with George's agent and expressing interest in possibly acquiring the All-Star forward, Pelinka violated those rules. Along with George, the Lakers and LeBron James continued to be linked as his future with the Cleveland Cavaliers remains uncertain.
The NBA found no evidence of an agreement that the Lakers would acquire George, according to a release from the league.
Worst monsoon floods in years kill more than 1,200 across South Asia
More than 1,200 people have died across India, Bangladesh and Nepal in the worst floods to strike South Asia in years. Heavy rain warnings have also been issued for other parts of Maharashtra state, of which Mumbai is the capital.
Magic Johnson's comments to Jimmy Kimmel about Paul George drew scrutiny.
The Lakers get a wake-up call, though swiping draft picks would have hit Los Angeles where it hurts, and the Pacers get one small victory in the big L that was losing Paul George for pennies on the dollar.
In showing that they are not too bent out of shape over the punishment, Lakers outside counsel Adam Streisand had this to say.
- Apple sends out press invites for Sept 12 event at Apple Park
- At least 21 die in Mumbai building collapse
- West Brom sign Kieran Gibbs and Grzegorz Krychowiak
- Cummins unveils electric semi truck before Tesla
- Chemical plant explosion IMMINENT as mass evacuation ordered within 1.5 miles
- Blue Jays stumped by Sale in loss to Red Sox
- Abbott Updates Pacemaker, Defibrillator Software to Protect Against Hacking
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation and Moscow spar over plans for major Russian war games
- Sandra Bullock donates $1 million for hurricane relief
- Chelsea FC Acquire Defender Davide Zappacosta from Torino