The decision came after the team's very bad performance against India in the current series, where the home side lost the 3 matches Tests series by 3-0, and then consecutive three One Day International (ODI). There is a good argument that in a parallel universe, where Malinga's ankle and knee joints were not so problematic, and his attitude did not rub people up the wrong way, he could have been a wonderful long-term captain.
Meanwhile, opener Danushka Gunathilaka is having a sore shoulder. Batsmen Ajikya Rahane, Manish Pandey along with Kuldeep Yadav and medium-pacer Shardul Thakur may fancy their chances of getting picked up in the playing XI. "People think we are not top of the table, but I feel we can change that", said Malinga at the match-eve press conference. Muttiah Muralitharan, Chaminda Vaas and Sanath Jayasuriya have gone past that landmark. Recently chief selector MSK Prasad also praised the player sharing an incident when Dhoni was injured yet played the match against Pakistan and came out victorious. Players are taking responsibility, which augurs well for Team India. Still three cricket matches are remaining and the 4th ODI is one of those games which are yet to be played.
Davis wants legal clarification from European Union over Brexit payout
But the bloc must avoid "falling into the trap" as the "responsibility is entirely on the Turkish side", he said. Recent reports suggest the total figure could be around £30 billion.
Dhoni has also become the fourth highest ODI run-getter for India.
Upul Tharanga, Sri Lanka's regular ODI captain, is facing a two-game suspension. Sri Lanka saw shift in captaincy during the Test series as well when Rangana Herath took the reins after Dinesh Chandimal was ruled out of the first Test due to injury. "The team and I have to build a mentality whereby we don't feel pressure", he added. "We will be very pleased to have the presence of the Indian foreign minister", Sri Lankan foreign Minister Thilak Marapona said. "I have played for the last 14 years for the national team, and I still feel we have good young players. When I meet them I want to get (to talk to them about) their experience also", Malinga said.
- Pet turtles can be the cause of the multi-state Salmonella outbreak
- Hurricane Harvey Leaves Congress With a Pair of Financial Challenges
- Samsung Gear Sport hands-on
- USA growing at fastest pace for more than two years
- Gloves come off in German election battle
- Donald Trump Snubs Gary Cohn in Tax Policy Speech; Praises Daughter Ivanka
- Oil prices dip on refinery shutdown
- Border Guard Bangladesh sends back 171 Rohingya refugees
- USA airstrikes block evacuation of Islamic State militants
- Major League Baseball trade rumors: Cardinals sending Mike Leake to Mariners