Taylor's lyric video received 19 million views in its first 24 hours which effortlessly topped the previous record holder of the Chainsmokers and Coldplay's Something Just Like This which held the spot of 9 million.
Taylor Swift's diamond-filled bathtub in new video cost over $10M, jewels were all real!.
The record-breaking songstress made sure to give a big thanks to the "Look What You Made Me Do" dancers, who managed to keep their mouths shut despite some possible temptation to spill secrets from the highly anticipated music video before its big debut at the VMAs on Sunday night.
"Many of the designs appear to be vintage and period pieces from Lane's vault", the publication says, noting that an "insane" amount of security was involved during the shoot. In fact, there are so many more that even non music media are weighing in on things.
Look what you made Kanye fans do, Taylor.
US Open: Defending champ Angelique Kerber upset by Naomi Osaka
Osaka also converted four break points and won 63.2 percent of Kerber's second serves-again, a sign of her dominance. The Czech defeated Poland's Magda Linette 6-2 6-1, and was relieved to safely negotiate the first hurdle.
For all the details on Swift's new music and her life now, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.
People are also buzzing that the lone dollar bill floating in Swift's tub among the diamonds is a nod to the symbolic $1 settlement she won this summer when a jury found that a radio host had groped her.
The music video, which has already scored over 68 million views on YouTube, was shot in May and backing dancer Todrick Hall has admitted it was hard to keep it hush hush.
Swift's single was played more than eight million times via Spotify on Friday, beating Sheeran's single-day record for "Shape of You", which accumulated 6.87 million streams, according to the BBC.
- Depth-chart chess game between Michigan, Florida continues into game week
- German Nurse May Have Killed 84 Patients, Authorities Say
- Twitter Goes Crazy as West Indies Stun England to Win 2nd Test
- USA airstrikes block evacuation of Islamic State militants
- How Trump's wall could shut down the United States government
- Bears lose WR Cameron Meredith to knee injury against Titans
- Hurricane Harvey Leaves Congress With a Pair of Financial Challenges
- Slowest US box office in 15 years
- Donald Trump Snubs Gary Cohn in Tax Policy Speech; Praises Daughter Ivanka
- Berkeley Police Arrest 13 as Anarchists Storm Right-Wing Event