Interestingly, the way participants are asked to confess to being canned is by posting a public message on LinkedIn stating, "I got fired". It seems unlikely Burger King will be able to vet people's claims of having been fired or to disqualify people who were fired for behavior Burger King would prefer not to be associated with, such as sexual harassment or workplace violence. Burger King says it's giving away one free coin to customers for each ruble ($0.017) spent on Whopper burgers at its Russian stores.
In fact, if you go back to that whole "Whopper Severance package" quote, Burger King does make it sound like a gift card is only part of the mailing.
Shestov bullish on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, too. The coins will be stored in a digital wallet accounts provided by the company and could be redeemed to buy a Whopper burger once sufficient currency (1700 Whoppercoins to be exact) has been accumulated. According to the forecasts, cryptocurrency will increase exponentially in value. Eating Whoppers now is a strategy for financial prosperity tomorrow, " he said.
The crypto has some technical similarity to Bitcoin but is distinct from it and stands -alone system. The WhopperCoin appears to be primarily a way to cut admin costs on a loyalty scheme.
Nigeria vs Cameroon: Rohr happy to have "full house"
He will also miss the Super Eagles' return leg encounter with African champions Cameroon on September 4, 2017 in Yaounde. The Super Eagles now sit top of Group B with six points after victories over Zambia and Algeria.
Speaking with the BBC, Dr Garrick Hileman of the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance said that Burger King will not be the only one to move into blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Getting fired isn't fun, but it could get you a free burger. A proposed Russian legislation past year included possible jail time for bitcoin users, per CNBC, though the publication reported Russia's First Deputy Prime Minister, Igor Shuvalov, has since come out in favor of the cryptocurrency.
There is no guarantee that McDonald will allow someone to pay for a Big Mac with his or her whoppercoins.
- Cummins unveils electric semi truck before Tesla
- Here are the people Taylor Swift targetted in her new music video
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation and Moscow spar over plans for major Russian war games
- Joel Osteen: 'We never turned away' Hurricane Harvey flooding victims
- After North Korea launch, U.S. successfully tests missile interceptor
- USA growing at fastest pace for more than two years
- Davis wants legal clarification from European Union over Brexit payout
- Worst monsoon floods in years kill more than 1,200 across South Asia
- Pet turtles can be the cause of the multi-state Salmonella outbreak
- Donald Trump Snubs Gary Cohn in Tax Policy Speech; Praises Daughter Ivanka