The YouTube logo has been the same for quite some time, but everything is eventual, so a change has finally arrived. That feature comes as more viewers - typically younger ones - are comfortable with watching vertical video thanks to services like Snapchat and Instagram.
A few changes are coming to the iOS and Android YouTube apps, as well. As you can see, these below-attached pics describe the different logos of YouTube. Mobile users will be able to change the speed of videos, too, from slower to faster depending on what they want.
If you use YouTube via the mobile app, you'll find that it has an improved design with a white header instead of red, as well as navigation tabs on the bottom for easier access to thumbs (a necessity given how large phone screens are getting).
Slowest US box office in 15 years
But the entire slate of films grossed only about $65 million in North America and the top 12 films generated just $49.6 million. However, that figure could drop down to somewhere in the $9 million range when final figures are released.
YouTube's also added more gesture controls to the app - and will soon support a player which automatically changes shape when you're watching a portrait-mode video (yay).
Designed for our multi-screen world, the updated Logo combines a cleaned up version of the YouTube wordmark and Icon, creating a more flexible design that works better across a variety of devices, even on the tiniest screens. Their example here is that this feature will let you watch vertical videos without any black bars on the sides. The area below the player will eventually been transformed so you can "browse videos in totally new ways".
Anyway, this is a great move by the tech giant.
- Netanyahu: Iran wants to use Syria to eradicate Israel
- Twitter Goes Crazy as West Indies Stun England to Win 2nd Test
- How Trump's wall could shut down the United States government
- McGregor Fight Makes It Into Top 10 Chart For US Box Office
- US Open: Defending champ Angelique Kerber upset by Naomi Osaka
- The four players who could leave Arsenal before the transfer window closes
- US Says N.Korea Fired Three 'Short-Range' Ballistic Missiles
- Last moment changed it all: PV Sindhu
- German Nurse May Have Killed 84 Patients, Authorities Say
- Depth-chart chess game between Michigan, Florida continues into game week