Currently, people can only use it with music-streaming services Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Pandora. The app will then prompt you to create a group, making it easier to control music playback by saying things like "Alexa play music upstairs" instead of calling out individual speakers. This addition puts the Echo's audio capabilities more on par with both Apple's upcoming HomePod and the Sonos speaker system.
Set-up is simple. You create a "Group" and include all the Echo devices you'd like included.
Amazon is working to make Alexa and the Echo essential tools for managing the home, adding to their digital skillset and opening up tools for other companies to plug into Alexa's voice commands. In the future, users will be able to take advantage of this feature on other connected speakers as well, Amazon says.
To further enhance the experience, Amazon also announced the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) Multi-Room Music SDK, which will allow device makers to integrate their Alexa-backed hardware with Multi-Room Music. If you stream your music from Google play Music, unfortunately Amazon doesn't mention if this service will eventually gain support, so you'll need choose a different service if you want to use the new feature. The tools will be available to developers "early next year".
North Korea tests short-range missiles as South Korea, US conduct drills
The "unidentified projectiles", fired at 06:49 a.m. (21:49 GMT Friday), flew some 250 kilometres (155 miles) the ministry said. Earlier this month Trump had warned that North Korea would be met with "fire and fury", if it continued with its threats.
"Sound United is constantly striving to provide consumers with the best possible user experience". "With Alexa multi-room audio and Samsung, customers will simply be able to ask Alexa to play their favorite music in any room of the house - using only their voice".
- Lyon in rare company with 250 Test scalps
- US Open: Defending champ Angelique Kerber upset by Naomi Osaka
- Buckingham Palace; Man was Arrested as He Injured Officers
- Mauricio Pochettino points to lack of concentration for Wembley struggles
- Venezuela holds military exercises to reject United States sanctions and military threats
- Slowest US box office in 15 years
- Taylor Swift's Look What You Made Me Do breaks streaming records
- Last moment changed it all: PV Sindhu
- Bears lose WR Cameron Meredith to knee injury against Titans
- Twitter Goes Crazy as West Indies Stun England to Win 2nd Test