It's a win for Stafford, who's already made more than $110 million in his career and might one day walk away from the game as the NFL's highest-paid player ever.
On January 19, 2015, it was announced that Stafford was selected to the 2015 Pro Bowl, his first Pro Bowl appearance.
Twitter Goes Crazy as West Indies Stun England to Win 2nd Test
He put on 117 with Woakes for the eighth wicket, and Woakes and tailender Stuart Broad added another 46 before Root declared. I think it's just a matter of belief, really, self-belief - trusting his own technique and trusting his own ability.
The five-year contract extension signed by Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has a total value of $135 million, per multiple reports. He'll receive a $50 million signing bonus and $92 million guaranteed. He and his wife Kelly lived in the area year-round while she was pregnant, and she gave birth to twin daughters Sawyer and Chandler in March.
"It was important [to finish the deal before the regular season]", Stafford said. Not bad for the 29-year-old gunslinger.
Matthew Stafford was the No. 1 overall selection out of Georgia in 2009, and was a high-school teammate of Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw back in Dallas, the highest-paid player in Major League Baseball.
Stafford was entering the last season of his $53 million, three-year contract. Stafford's best season came in 2011 when he threw for 5,038 yards and 41 touchdowns with just 16 interceptions for a rating of 97.2. The opening drive of the quarter ended when Stafford threw an (admittedly deflected) interception in the end zone, and the lead was surrendered on the Lions' next drive when Stafford threw an easy pick-six.
- McGregor Fight Makes It Into Top 10 Chart For US Box Office
- North Korea tests short-range missiles as South Korea, US conduct drills
- YouTube introduces a new logo
- Lyon in rare company with 250 Test scalps
- Venezuela holds military exercises to reject United States sanctions and military threats
- United Kingdom officials in Brussels to resume Brexit talks
- How Trump's wall could shut down the United States government
- Border Guard Bangladesh sends back 171 Rohingya refugees
- Taylor Swift's Look What You Made Me Do breaks streaming records
- Harvey sends floodwaters into Texas nursing home, 15 seniors rescued