Last season the Englishman outscored the likes of Eden Hazard and Philippe Coutinho, though the Brazilian played considerably fewer minutes, and eased to his second consecutive PFA Young Player of the Year award.
INCIDENTS: Barclays Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Burnley, held at Wembley Stadium. "That is football. It was a tough game".
"We showed a lack of concentration at the end and that is hard to accept".
"But in the end when you are able to score to make it 1-0 and you have the chances to kill the game you must do it".
Sebastian Gorka Quits White House Post With Angry Salvo At Enemies
If true, it's a pretty harsh move, considering Gorka was on vacation at the time . It is unclear whether Mr Gorka was also sacked or quit of his own accord.
Spurs missed plenty of chances to add to their lead and they were punished in the second minute of injury time when Wood scored on his Premier League debut to earn a point for Sean Dyche's hardworking side.
After the upsetting 2-3 defeat at home to Burnley in the season opener, the Blues pulled off a 2-1 victory over Tottenham last weekend.
The former Leeds United striker came off the bench after Burnley had gone behind and showed beyond doubt that he will score goals at this level by coolly converting a Robbie Brady through-ball to send the Clarets into the global break on a high. "We need to take responsibility and that was our fault". We are more interested in getting on with the game. "They were strong at the end and got the goal". "When you have the three points in your hands you can't concede in that way".
Spurs looked set to break their duck at the national stadium thanks to Dele Alli's goal early in the second half against Burnley.
- Trump is threatening to 'close down' USA government
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard in squad to play at Aldershot tonight
- Security Tightened In Punjab Ahead Of Ram Rahim's Sentencing: Amarinder Singh
- Last moment changed it all: PV Sindhu
- Lyon in rare company with 250 Test scalps
- Thai SC issues arrest warrant against ex-PM
- Buckingham Palace; Man was Arrested as He Injured Officers
- Manchester United 0-0 Leicester
- Ibrahimovic inks new one-year United deal
- Toronto confirms 1st human West Nile virus case of 2017