A Home Ministry official said more than 5,000 people had been shifted from the affected areas.
Landslides and flooding triggered by heavy rain have killed at least 47 people in southern Nepal and left thousands homeless, police said Sunday.
Many highways have been obstructed and the government has mobilised security forces and government officials to start search and rescue operations as well as rehabilitation works promptly.
"The number of dead could increase as we are still compiling the final tally", said Laxmi Pun, an aide to Home Minister Janardan Sharma.
Local officials have opened temporary shelters for displaced people in schools or public buildings.
Likewise, the Ministry has urged the Ministry of Health to dispatch a team of health workers to the affected areas along with medicines.
Marshawn Lynch Tells Del Rio He's Always Sat During National Anthem
People on social media, on the other hand, had plenty to say both for and against the move. "Talked to Marshawn. You do your thing and we'll do ours", Del Rio said he told , Lynch.
Efforts were also on to pack food items to be distributed to those affected by flooding and landslides, while helipads at Nepal Army's barracks have been kept ready for relief distribution. Dozens more are missing or injured.
Footage aired on Nepali broadcasters showed villagers wading through waist-high water with their belongings and using boats to reach higher ground.
The resort town is a popular tourist destination and home to the famed Chitwan National Park where visitors go on safaris and elephant rides. Hundreds of tourists remain trapped in the hotels.
In the eastern city of Biratnagar, the airport was closed after the runway was submerged under more than half a meter (2 feet) of water.
Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba addressed the nation on Saturday evening and announced relief to the victims.
Almost 100 people died a year ago in Nepal during the rainy season, which typically begins in late June and lasts until the end of August.
- Facebook launches Watch platform for original video
- Trump Declares Public Health Emergency To Address Opioid Crisis
- Chilling video shows how horrifyingly risky a police officer's job can be
- FDA Reports That 5 People Have Died After Weight Loss Balloon Treatments
- Dele Alli scores with lethal volley as Tottenham's forwards run Newcastle ragged
- Tesla: Self-Driving Semi-Trucks On The Way
- Friends Remember Musician Glen Campbell
- Bill Hader, Leslie Jones Stole the Show on SNL's Weekend Update
- `Injured` Sanchez ruled out of start of Arsenal's PL campaign
- Man who shot officer in Brooklyn kills himself