"My first order as President was to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal", he wrote. He also said that he hopes the USA will never have to use its nuclear weapons.
Starting on Wednesday night, the Republican president retweeted a series of Twitter posts related to his Democratic predecessor, starting with one by John Bolton, a former USA ambassador to the United Nations and Fox News contributor, who said the United States is at risk because of Obama.
Disney To Pull All Its Movies From Netflix
Barely a year ago, Disney announced a major deal with Netflix to distribute all of its future movies on the company's service. Because of these plans, some sources were claiming that Disney intends to own a bigger piece of the streaming services.
Jim Carafano, a Heritage Foundation scholar who advised Trump's transition team on foreign policy, said the messages conveyed to North Korea were aimed at different audiences: Trump to the American people, Tillerson to the diplomatic community and Mattis to the military establishment. But he added: "Hopefully we will never have to use this power".
The major US averages ended down about 0.2 percent overnight, with the Dow snapping a 10-day winning streak, as Trump's remarks added to concerns about rising tensions between the USA and North Korea.
That message has not matched up with Gorka's comments this week: the cable news fixture has doubled down Trump's saber-rattling, even comparing the current standoff to the Cuban missile crisis on Fox & Friends. More importantly, though, he said that in the event attempts to negotiate were unsuccessful, the USA would have to "do something" about North Korea, a clear allusion to pre-emptive military action. Tillerson said Wednesday as he returned from an Asia trip he doesn't believe there is "any imminent threat".
After Trump's "fire and fury" comment, Pyongyang announced it was examining plans for attacking the tiny Pacific island of Guam, home to a USA military base. Three U.S. officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the United States had not moved additional assets into the region after North Korea's threats against Guam.
"I think Americans should sleep well at night, have no concerns about this particular rhetoric of the last few days", Tillerson said.
- Chilling video shows how horrifyingly risky a police officer's job can be
- 'Carpool Karaoke' Episode 1 Now Available on Apple Music
- Distracted Driving Around Schools and Buses is Recipe for Disaster
- FDA Reports That 5 People Have Died After Weight Loss Balloon Treatments
- AIADMK merger: Dinakaran removed, EPS faction adopts resolution against Sasikala
- A Few conspired to oust democratic govt in Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Man who shot officer in Brooklyn kills himself
- Bosz disappointed with Dembele
- North Korea 'risks end of regime'
- Koeman reveals the signing Everton must make to challenge top six