The sole jackpot victor in Friday night's Mega Millions drawing bought the lucky ticket worth as much as $393 million at a barbecue restaurant in suburban Chicago, the multistate lottery operator said on its website.
The ticket was sold at a barbecue joint in Palos Heights, which is a suburb of Chicago.
The jackpot is worth $247 million if paid out in cash, or $393 million in installments. It's fifth largest in Mega Millions history.
European Council widens sanctions against North Korea
The church has taken on numerous humanitarian projects in North Korea, one of which prompted Lim's last trip there in January 2015.
This is the fourth Mega Millions jackpot won this year. It began April 28 and rolled over 30 times before the winning ticket was purchased. A player wins the jackpot by matching all six winning numbers in a drawing.
"They're asking how high the jackpot is and I tell them and they say 'well I might as well buy a ticket" Canastraro said. With the current Powerball jackpot at $356 million, attention now turns to that lottery's next drawing on Saturday evening. In that drawing, David Trapp won $61 million in California. Two other jackpots have also been awarded this year - $191 million, also in California, and $177 million to a ticket he purchased in Arkansas. All said, there is no denying the fact that the odds of winning a Mega Millions jackpot remain extremely low - one in about 258.9 million for Mega Millions.
- Facebook launches Watch platform for original video
- Tesla: Self-Driving Semi-Trucks On The Way
- Distracted Driving Around Schools and Buses is Recipe for Disaster
- Chilling video shows how horrifyingly risky a police officer's job can be
- Spike In Rates At Trump DC Hotel Helped Reverse Expected Losses
- `Injured` Sanchez ruled out of start of Arsenal's PL campaign
- Friends Remember Musician Glen Campbell
- 'Celebrity Big Brother' 2017: Sarah Harding And Jemma Lucy In Blazing Row
- Babysitters arrested for putting crying baby in fridge, posting video to Snapchat
- Disney To Pull All Its Movies From Netflix