The Toffees' prodigal son returned to Goodison Park over the summer after 13 years away and has already got a taste of home again in the Europa League. We are stronger than last season but being stronger than last season does not mean you will win against the big six because they also will be more strong.
Rooney's return to Everton should be one of the feel-good stories of the Premier League season, with the former Manchester United captain looking to recapture the glory days.
Manchester City have lavished untold riches on full-backs in the transfer window, but arguably their most important player this season will be captain Kompany.
The striker looks to have the physicality and keen eye for goal to thrive in the Premier League, but does he have the right mentality?
"I know that expectations are higher than last season", Koeman told the Mirror.
`Injured` Sanchez ruled out of start of Arsenal's PL campaign
Now before we go any further, it's worth pointing out that these type of offers can prove very popular with new customers. Manchester United and Tottenham , who both play on Sunday, inspire less confidence.
Rooney and fellow new signing Sandro Ramirez (formerly of Malaga) will lead the attack for the Toffees. It is always better to start at home than away.
"A hard game, Stoke City is always a battle", he remarked.
Negotiations with Porto have proved frustrating but Press Association Sport understands a deal just in excess of B£7million has now been agreed and the player has settled his own outstanding contractual issues with the Portuguese club, which had been a contributory factor in delaying the deal. "Clearly, Wayne Rooney has the ability to fill that space", said Hughes, who had a brief spell at Goodison Park towards the end of his playing career. "He will have a medical and that takes time, so the thinking is he will be ready to go from Monday".
With Everton and Stoke more likely to employ defensively resiliency over a gung-ho approach - thanks in no small part to their lack of a 20+ goal a season striker - the battle in centre midfield will define how this game plays out.
"They've brought good players in but lost key players too, like Lukaku".
- Stocks Close Modestly Lower After Trump Warns North Korea
- City records raise doubts about repairs, inspections of Austin garage
- Page Three shoot for 'naive' kidnap model
- Babysitters arrested for putting crying baby in fridge, posting video to Snapchat
- Mega Millions Winning Ticket Worth $393 Million Sold At Illinois Barbecue
- Is Janata Dal (United) heading towards a split in Bihar?
- Russian Military Jet Flies Over New Jersey
- Facebook launches Watch platform for original video
- Protests in South Africa ahead of no-confidence vote against Zuma
- North Korea 'risks end of regime'