On all counts. Arsene Wenger had mentioned Alexandre Lacazette's prolific strike-rate - a goal every 80 minutes last season in France - in explaining the new club record signing and the wait here was more like 80 seconds.
The Sun claims Arsenal believe a breakthrough has been made in the club's quest to tie Ozil down to a new £225k-a-week deal, with the World Cup victor reportedly giving the impression that he's ready to put pen to paper.
Manchester United and Tottenham, who both play on Sunday, inspire less confidence.
The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Premier League in the UK.
"We were never close [to a transfer]", Wenger said of the Algerian. They have won only once in their last seven opening-day games - a 2-1 victory against Crystal Palace in 2014 - and have not lost three consecutive opening-day games since 1960.
Ahead of their Premier League opener, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is confident his side can maintain his ideal second-season record. We want him to be a nuisance.
Babysitters arrested for putting crying baby in fridge, posting video to Snapchat
Police arrested two juveniles in MA this week after a Snapchat video shows them putting a 7-month-old baby in a refrigerator. Despite the charges, the victim's mother maintained that her niece is a good kid that acted foolishly.
The Frenchman will be hoping it's a sign of changing fortunes after a season when he reached his nadir.
"The group of players this season are going to stay here for a long time".
"In the next few years City will buy one, two, maybe three players".
Pundits and fellow managers, including Arsène Wenger, have suggested Chelsea's outgoings in this transfer window will make it hard for the Blues. "He's one of the best managers in the world and it's motivating for me as a player that a manager like him can say that".
"The club was clever like that because we anticipated what we needed". Sooner or later it's going to finish.
However, the United boss insists it is not just down to the Belgian to pick up the slack this term, telling a news conference on Friday: "What I had in other clubs was more players scoring goals".
Now before we go any further, it's worth pointing out that these type of offers can prove very popular with new customers.
- European Council widens sanctions against North Korea
- Trump steps up attacks on McConnell for failure on health-care reform
- Distracted Driving Around Schools and Buses is Recipe for Disaster
- Is Janata Dal (United) heading towards a split in Bihar?
- 'Carpool Karaoke' Episode 1 Now Available on Apple Music
- Facebook launches Watch platform for original video
- Newcastle paying the price for missing out on targets - Benitez
- Chilling video shows how horrifyingly risky a police officer's job can be
- Mega Millions Winning Ticket Worth $393 Million Sold At Illinois Barbecue
- Friends Remember Musician Glen Campbell