A New York City police officer was shot in the arm on Thursday afternoon in Brooklyn, the authorities said. According to the news network, the injured officer was taken to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, but a spokesperson from NYPD could not confirm additional details.
"Thank goodness, the officer is going to be fine", he said Thursday.
Nguyen was also wounded in the right arm during the 4:35 p.m. shooting at 149 Ridgewood Ave. near Essex Street where the cop and his partner were responding to a 911 call of an emotionally disturbed person. The call was from a woman who said her 29-year-old mentally deranged son was in their residence in Brooklyn with her.
"Tonight we saw another example of our NYPD officers going into any situation, never knowing how it might turn on a moment's notice", de Blasio tweeted. The suspect then barricaded himself in the home for hours. "This young man was definitely saved by his vest, it made all of the difference here", Mayor de Blasio said.
Distracted Driving Around Schools and Buses is Recipe for Disaster
Ten school buses that failed a state police inspection last week all passed a second inspection on Wednesday. Law enforcement takes school bus stop arm and school patrol crossing guard flag violations very seriously.
Officers burst into the apartment building and found the gunman in a bedroom, dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and also discovered two guns, police said.
Police negotiators tried to talk with the suspect, who hasn't been identified, and get him into police custody. "If you ask him what's the problem, he never tell you".
In addition to the weapons, the shooter had a good amount of pills and had recently gotten a new BMW, which has raised questions about how he funded the vehicle and what he was doing with the medication, police said.
- Page Three shoot for 'naive' kidnap model
- WWE: Bayley off of SummerSlam due to separated shoulder
- Florida mother charged with murder was headed to Buffalo
- Facebook launches Watch platform for original video
- European Council widens sanctions against North Korea
- Manhunt after French soldiers 'deliberately' hit by BMW in Paris
- Newcastle paying the price for missing out on targets - Benitez
- Proceedings end for day in Taylor Swift groping case
- 'Celebrity Big Brother' 2017: Sarah Harding And Jemma Lucy In Blazing Row
- Are Kajol and Karan planning to mend fences?