Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez is unhappy with the club's progress in the transfer market, saying the newly promoted team are paying the price for failing to land their main targets early in window. It's very hard - the prices are insane.
But Benitez is unhappy that other Newcastle targets have been missed although he admitted that it has been hard.
Benitez said in his conversation with Wenger "I was talking with Arsene yesterday because we had the manager's meeting".
So far, winger Jacob Murphy is the club's most expensive signing, at a reported 12 million pounds.
The Military Can Now Shoot Down Drones Getting Too Close To Installations
If you own a commercial or privately-owned drone, you now fly over any military base at the risk of losing your aircraft. But the land is only leased from commercial and private farmers who use the rest of the area for crops or livestock.
It may be a little late to be tinkering with formations, given the new Premier League season starts this weekend, but a number of teams changed systems with the previous campaign well under way. I have to continue sending my players the right message and giving them confidence about what we are trying to do.
The 21-year-old, a fine athlete with experience of playing a left-sided wing-back, would work well on the left of a four or five-man midfield, with DeAndre Yedlin on the other side. "We are getting to more difficult matches so I am working hard to be a better player for this team. It's not what you want, it's what you need".
Owner Mike Ashley - who had promised Benitez "every last penny" the club generated through promotion and player sales in May - wants to see movement out of St James's Park.
"It's very hard (for me to walk away). It is something you cannot control but at the moment I am fully committed to do the best that I can". But now he is ready to establish himself as a Premier League player - and he is relishing the challenge of facing Tottenham Hotspur in United's curtain raiser on Sunday.
- Proceedings end for day in Taylor Swift groping case
- Trump Promises "Fire And Fury" For North Korea
- Iranian drone buzzes USA fighter jet in Persian Gulf
- Are Kajol and Karan planning to mend fences?
- Jaguars unlikely to allow Branden Albert to return
- AIADMK merger: Dinakaran removed, EPS faction adopts resolution against Sasikala
- Will Smith Raps Old School Classics On James Corden's Carpool Karaoke Spin-Off
- Spotify lands on Xbox One, bringing new music to countless games
- MLA Rich Coleman selected Interim Leader of the BC Liberals
- Remains of 9/11 victim identified 16 years after terror attacks