The new policy was announced by the USA government yesterday, and it aims to enable military bases to protect themselves from the potential malicious presence (surveillance, etc) of drones operated in their airspace.
If you own a commercial or privately-owned drone, you now fly over any military base at the risk of losing your aircraft.
Drone enthusiasts take heed: If you don't want to see your precious drone blasted into a million pieces, keep clear of USA military installations.
Air Force spokeswoman Erika Yepsen told Inside Defense this week the service is pleased with the progress made in partnership with the FAA but did not elaborate on what policy and acquisition work still needs to be done.
Gujarat MLAs return from Karnataka
But after Congress leaders approached it again and persevered, after high drama, the EC declared the two votes as invalid. The Congress has the strength of 51 in the House but it can not bank upon the seven MLAs who refused to go to Bengaluru.
The policy was announced by Pentagon spokesperson Navy Cpt Jeff Davis during a press gaggle this morning.
"The new guidance does afford of the ability to take action to stop these threats and that includes disabling, destroying and tracking". But the land is only leased from commercial and private farmers who use the rest of the area for crops or livestock.
It was not clear, the Military Times said, whether the policy had affected airspace access around the silos or at other bases - again, the details remain classified. All drone activities within the United States must follow Federal Aviation Administration rules and guidelines. Davis said the military will determine how to handle each situation on a case-by-case basis depending on each circumstance and the type of installation where unmanned aircraft are loitering. Earlier this year, the FAA also banned unauthorized drone use over 133 additional military facilities.
Drones have become popular as toys and with hobbyists, and have commercial uses such as aerial photography.
- Lacazette starts, no Sanchez in the Arsenal squad
- Venezuela army base attacked, 'terrorists' arrested
- Israel attempts to shut down Al Jazeera's office and ban journalists
- It is best not to play Everton target Sigurdsson, says Clement
- MLA Rich Coleman selected Interim Leader of the BC Liberals
- US Marines helicopter crashes off Qld coast
- Brady mum on concussion status of 2016
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller is Investigating Flynn's Ties to Turkey
- Amarnath yatra attack: 3 local LeT militants arrested in Kashmir
- 'Excessive Corrosion' Blamed For Ohio State Fair Incident