Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars are not expected to allow Albert to return to the team after his one-week hiatus. That sum could be a big part of Albert's desire to return, but it seems the Jaguars would rather have financial flexibility than veteran insurance on the offensive line.
The 32-year-old Albert surprised Jaguars coach Doug Marrone last week by walking into his office and saying he planned to retire. Albert has walked out on the team a few times since he was acquired from the Dolphins back in March.
Ultimately Albert did show for the mandatory minicamp and (later) the start of training camp on July 26 before deciding to walk away after three practices.
He skipped all of the offseason conditioning programs for the Jaguars and the team's organized activities due to wanting to sign a new deal with the team.
On the Jaguars' first depth chart of training camp, rookie Cam Robinson is listed as the starter at left tackle and seven-year pro Jeremy Parnell is on the top of the depth chart at right tackle.
Tesla wants to increase their debt by an additional $1.5 billion
While the long range Model 3 with premium features has already started shipping, the base $35,000 isn't due until later this year. Swedish auto maker Volvo has revealed it will adopt an electrification strategy for all new models from 2019.
It's equally unclear why Albert wants to return.
The Jaguars will play their first preseason game on Thursday against the New England Patriots.
Albert was the 15th overall pick by Kansas City in 2008.
When he announced his retirement, Jacksonville had an option to pursue $3.4 million of the bonus money that was pro-rated even though they were not the team that paid it but had inherited his 2014 contract, said a source with the league.
Albert helped the Dolphins rush for 1,824 yards and allowed just four sacks in 13 games previous year, despite playing with a ligament tear in his wrist for the second half of the season.
- Trump Promises "Fire And Fury" For North Korea
- The Military Can Now Shoot Down Drones Getting Too Close To Installations
- It is best not to play Everton target Sigurdsson, says Clement
- Miami Dolphins Reportedly Considered Tim Tebow Before Signing Jay Cutler
- North Korea Threatens Retaliation Against US Over UN Sanctions
- Are Kajol and Karan planning to mend fences?
- Blue is the colour for depressed people's photo shares
- Manhunt underway after Missouri police officer shot dead during traffic stop
- North Korea top of agenda at ASEAN meeting
- Major David Zahar Identified as Reservist Pilot Killed in Chopper Accident