The auto was discovered around 6:30 a.m., but a search of the nearby area and a subsequent search of the suspect's home didn't turn up any leads. They say he should be considered armed and unsafe.
An investigation is underway to find a 39-year-old man who is believed to have shot and killed a 37-year-old police officer at a traffic stop in Clinton, Missouri.
Michael returned fire, but it's not clear if he hit the suspect, who fled on foot after the crash, the sergeant said.
Video from a second shop, Clinton Convenience Store, shows Mr. McCarthy's auto exiting the parking lot of the Everyday Convenience Store and driving toward the scene of the shooting.
Fox News reports that McCarthy pleaded guilty in November 2013 to driving without a license in Missouri.
British model kidnapped in Milan, Italy, to be 'auctioned', police allege
In the house, "the model was kept handcuffed to a wooden dresser in a bedroom" until she was released on July 17, the police said. Police are investigating if the woman was abducted so she could be sold off as a sex slave in a Bitcoin auction on the dark web.
When he approached the vehicle on foot, 39-year-old Ian McCarthy allegedly pulled a gun and opened fire.
Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Bill Lowe said the officer's death was "devastating". In July 2015, he was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.
Police consider McCarthy armed and risky.
Michael had only been on the force for one year. "He was protecting his community". You want to make sure you keep your distance but contact us, ' Lowe told The Kansas City Star.
Michael was known in the community and leaves behind a wife and step sons.
- Otis Sanford: The problem with White House leaks
- Everton to face Hajduk Split in Europa League
- North Korea top of agenda at ASEAN meeting
- Moeen Ali increases England lead over South Africa to 360 runs
- Pair, sought in Chicago killing, arrested in Bay Area
- Lacazette starts, no Sanchez in the Arsenal squad
- Venezuela opposition leader Antonio Ledezma freed
- US Marines helicopter crashes off Qld coast
- U.S. to exempt journalists, aid workers from North Korea travel ban
- Jab Harry Met Sejal: Review, Cast, Story, Director